xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Corey

First Pc

Lets see the first PC my family owned was a 286, can't remember the processor speed but it had an entire 4 megs of ram :) an a huge hard drive at 40 Megs. What a joke eh!The first one I personally owned was a 486/66 with 32 Megs ram and a 120 Meg Hard Drive. I had that computer up until about three years ago (though I upgraded it so much it was barely recognizable only the case remained the same.)

I had not realy bad pc, My first pc was an Pentium 1. slooooowww :) but it worked perfect B) Intel Pentium 1 (166 Mhz)24 MB RAMabout 4 MB videomemory800 MB Harddisk I thinktriplespeed CD-ROMI've had a lot of fun with this computer :)

LOL A P1 166 is slow... I'm a PC tech for a school board and I still end up working on the occasional P1. Annoying as heck trying to tell the teacher that the reason they can't install FlashMX is because the PC they are trying to load it on is 10 years out of date.

Cyrix 166MHz16MB EDO-RAM3GB Seagate Hard DiskCirrus Logic VGA Graphics Card (1MB of memory)CD-ROM 4xTwo button Genius COM port mousePhilips 14" monitor (800x600 @ 60Hz - the best resolution that it could support)I tried installing Windows ME on it once... Let's just say that you could double click on "My Computer" and go get yourself a cup of coffee while it opens...

My first machine was a compaq prolinea 486 with a 33 mhz intergrated cpu, (no coprocessor) 512kb video memory, 4 mb RAM, and a 90 mb hard drive. The machine had a floppy drive that worked and a cd-rom that didn't. Running dos 6.0 and Winblows for Workgroups 3.11. I remember one time accidentally deleting the file manager icon from the main window while adding games and deleting shrotcuts that didn't work. After rebooting the machine it would just come to a dos prompt. When i typed in "win" it would tell me "Bad Command or Filename". I must have tinkered with that machine for quite some time before finnaly giving in and reinstalling the os.A few years later i managed to get a hold of a "Intel 486 DX/2 66mhz" Coprocessor, and upon trying to cram it into the "Non-ZIF" socket one of the pins bent over, which i didn't realize, and when it was powered on smoke came from the socket. Which wasn't really to awful bad since i already had a different machine with a 100mhz P1 with 16mb Ram a 500mb Hard drive, and a 2 mb Video card. A lot has definately changed since then. Now I'm running an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 2 250Gig SATA Hard drives and on 80 SATA, a Gig of PC3200 DDR 400, 2 DVD-+RW's and a 256 mb GeForce 5500.

My first pc was : Intel Celeron 900 mhz and later clocked to 1200 mhz :lol: 128 mb sdram 20 gb 5400 rpm Soyo motherboard Cd-rom with 54x (yes yes) 15" from dtk intel 815 graphic card and later geforce 2 mx 64 mb Pretty good :)

My first computer that was officially mine was in 1999 and a500mhz pentium lll20 gb hd128mb ramnvida riva tnt2soundblaster audio card56k modemethernet17"" MonitorColor Printer(This thing was loaded)

My first PC was an Osborne 1

This was considered the first ever portable computer. It was so heavy because it had a 5" monochrome CRT screen built into it and a keyboard that flapped down from the front.

CPU = 4.0 MHz
64K RAM
dual 5-1/4 inch, 91K drives

It didn't have a hard drive so I booted into Dos 3.0 using a 5-1/4 inch floppy disk.
I couldn't do much with it so eventially I pulled it apart just to see what was inside :)

I even found it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_1

post-67699-1221571132_thumb.jpg

My first PC was an Osborne 1
This was considered the first ever portable computer. It was so heavy because it had a 5" monochrome CRT screen built into it and a keyboard that flapped down from the front.

CPU = 4.0 MHz
64K RAM
dual 5-1/4 inch, 91K drives

It didn't have a hard drive so I booted into Dos 3.0 using a 5-1/4 inch floppy disk.
I couldn't do much with it so eventially I pulled it apart just to see what was inside :)

I even found it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_1

post-67699-1221571132_thumb.jpg

This is seriously nice.. How old is this comp now ?

My first computer (I still keep it around and it works) was with the following configuration:

Pentium II 366 MHz

64 MBs of RAM

S3 Savage 3D graphics card with 8 MBs (I think so)

CD-ROM and CD-RW (bought later on)

HDD 6 GB and 30 GBs added later on

Windows 98SE

Belinea 15'' monitor

Keep in mind that this computer was bought for my brother @ 1998 (ofcourse I used it too) and I used it for 5-6 years, when I bought another PC and this laptop I got on gift from my brother. Also keep in mind that I'm 16 :)

I have a problem from 4 months ago on this computer, Windows doesn't detect the mouse (it's not to the mouse - it's the OS problem it says I need to reinstall it over the old one (without reformating) - I tried that, but no avail, it didn't fix the problem and I don't want to format it because I have loads of games controled by the keyboard my little cousins play when they come to visit, and I also don't have the all the drivers and don't want to hunt them.

There is another problem, 'till 2 years ago MDK2, some later Carmaggedon relase and other great games which should be playable on it froze everytime I ran them, then I reformated it for some reason, and they worked PERFECTLY even on high settings and I was really really amazed, BUT I don't know the reason why after another reformat (because I caught a virus) the situation in reappeared and no good games worked :)( That hurts me a lot 'cause I consider myself computer savvy and I still can't get why I can't get them working even after reinstalling the latest graphics drivers and all that :D

i don't have my first pc anymore so i forgot the specs but i know it was a dell inspiron something. it was pretty good. it was a laptop so its not like an old crappy laptop.