xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MOOSE1405241519

How To OverBurn On A DVD Burner?

reason they are so big is cause of all the extra features and what not thats on them, I believe nero can extract the actual movie but I don't bother with dvd bruning just due to the fact that buying a blank dvd cd is very expensive I think it like 15-20 for like a pack of 3 or something like that.

All my DVD's are over 4.8 GB so I can't burn any of them.Thanx

The capacity of your DVDs does not have anything to do with you not being able to burn them. As long as you have a compatible DVD burner, you can burn DVDs.

I just got a new DVD burner and now this happens.

What happened? Could you burn DVDs before you got a new DVD burner?

You can try using a program like DVD Shrink to "shrink" the size a little (or by a lot...). What this program basically does is it allows you to choose what you want to keep and what you want edited out...what you want to take out are all the other languages there...English should be enough :o Subtitles might be there also and removing them should save you some space as well.

All the dvd's you are talking about, I assume, are like movies and whatnot. They are all dual layer dvd's so the people have up to 9gigs or so of room to play with, whereas you only have 4.7. That's why you need to use a prog like dvd shrink as mentioned. They'll compress the files and let you choose to remove the extra stuff to increase the vid quality after compression.DVD Decryptor is another good one if u can find it.Howevere, to clarify, it is ILLEGAL to copy any dvd you don't already own a copy of. Backing up DVD's is fine, but not copying your friends. Just thought I'd throw that out their to make sure this topic stays legit.

Dude You must very well understand first that there are 2 main basic types of DVD'S 1. 4.7 Gb of single layer DVD (Also known as DVD5)2. 8.4 Gb of Dual layer DVD (Also known as DVD9)the one dvd you are talking about is the DVD9 version. When you rip or backup the dvd into your sytem or even try to burn the DVD to another one you will need the same or the higher type of dvd for burning. When you get that DVD you can easily burn your original dvd into it. Otherwise you can shrink the dvd (DVD9) to fit into the DVD5 version by just excluding some material from the original DVD......

Dude You must very well understand first that there are 2 main basic types of DVD'S
1. 4.7 Gb of single layer DVD (Also known as DVD5)
2. 8.4 Gb of Dual layer DVD (Also known as DVD9)

the one dvd you are talking about is the DVD9 version. When you rip or backup the dvd into your sytem or even try to burn the DVD to another one you will need the same or the higher type of dvd for burning. When you get that DVD you can easily burn your original dvd into it. Otherwise you can shrink the dvd (DVD9) to fit into the DVD5 version by just excluding some material from the original DVD......

Is there any program whaich can separate the data on 2 layers of a duel layer DVD and then make 2 single layer DVDs out of it? this without using any software like movie cutter etc. because using such softwares means editing / tempering with the data and is not legal.

Is there any program whaich can separate the data on 2 layers of a duel layer DVD and then make 2 single layer DVDs out of it? this without using any software like movie cutter etc. because using such softwares means editing / tempering with the data and is not legal.

You can use Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD2 or CloneDVD.net's CloneDVD (its a coincidence that both utilities have the same title :lol: )

Most of the movie DVDs available are in DVD9 format(8.4GB) and they contain movie extras such as trailers, making, etc. which nobody has any interest in watching. But its provided just to justify the overpriced DVDs. And in some other cases, like TV serial collections available on DVD, it contains upto 24 episodes on a single DVD. But presently all the Blank DVDs available are DVD5(4.7GB). But CloneDVD(both of them) lets you select which tracks or episodes and soundtracks you want to retain and even compresses it so that the resulting DVD image fits into 4.7GB. In case you want to retain the entire DVD contents, it can split it into 2 DVD5s while retaining the DVD menu. It is one of the best DVD copy utilities available out there.

Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD2 trial version is available here.

Get CloneDVD.net's CloneDVD here.

It would be much more cost-effective in the long run for you to split your dual layer dvds onto 2 single layers, as a 4.7 gb blank goes for $0.50 or less depending on where you live. Here i get 3 for a dollar and i think that's expensive compared to where i was before. a dual blank still costs around $8. at that point you're better off waiting a year for blu-ray or HD, whichever way you're planning to swing. but dvd shrink does a pretty good job of compressing. you just stick in the dual-layer dvd and it'll make you a 4.7 copy. how nice. also better than dvdXcopy, another "could-be-good" program, but that surprises you by making a faulty copy if your dvd happens to be copy-protected. thing is you don't know until you watch the copy, because the program tells you it was successful. shrink, on the other hand, gives you the option to make a 1-1 copy, or you can choose which regions to make it playable for, whether you want to keep the CSS and other protection, etc. i don't know if that borders on illegality, but if it's only for your personal backups, it's nice. also justifying changing regions is if your dvd player can't be hacked, and you have a dvd from a different region.

The Easiest way

How To OverBurn On A DVD Burner?

You can use a program called DVD 95 its easy as hell and cheap. DVD95 lets you pick what size you want to convert the movies your "backing UP" like 1500MB or even 700Mb or what ever so you can use what ever media disc you choose to burn your movies on to. The program is extremely simple. You push the copy button after you choose the size of the file and your done. It will even burn it for you if you want when your done. All this other stuff these guys are talking about is way to complicated or expensive. You buy a 100 pack of cd's for like maybe 45 bucks or less and now you can burn 100 movies.

-reply by Retarded