xisto Community
oKaRi

My First Cover Of Novel to constructive comment.Plzz...~~.

Yeah i have to concure the font is a little bad choice for what your trying to do, more in lines with the color of the font that you chose for the text as well since doesn't go with the rest of the colors you use. You should do more with the background I see the shadow you use from the renders and those sideabrs but thats about it.I would get rid of the spoltches you put around the renders or do something more with them they are little destracting to say the least.

what is CG ? Coherent Grehound ? Chime Greyscale ?

CG is Computer Graphic :lol:

Anyway, to get to the point. It's really nice design, just the text is a bit hard to read, and it's not monitor-issue it's because it's type of font that's hard to read. But you must resolve the issue here, do you want it to be hard to read, to attract potential readers or you want to push them away if they can't read the title.. What I want to say here, maybe it's better to use more readable text, or add some underlying layer with some different typeface that is more readable and double the effect of novel's title?
I dunno, but other than that, it's nicely designed... :lol:

This is my first cover >.< i think it's so rough.I can't do CG but i want to can do it so muchhh~~~TwT.That make the details quite lost.Please i need your comment a lot.critics...

See it!!

Ps.Sorry Cg= Computer Graphics

The graphics are good, but ditto everyone else's comments: font is hard to read.

The biggest gripe I usually have with book covers is: Did you READ the book? For instance, in Dan Simmons Hyperion series, The Shrike is a 3 meter tall monster with four arms. Many of the covers have two arms or are clearly much smaller than 9+ feet tall. In Spider Robinson's Calahan books, Calahan's daughter, Mary, is described as a "beautiful sumo wrestler" (the author has a fetish for heavy women) but appears on the covers as relatively slim. Slip-ups like that drive me crazy. So, just make sure you have read it well enough to really portray the characters. Your vision of the details that the book does not say will differ from mine, but what the book does say should match up.

very nice cover design -- that's way better than I could ever do. The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps to make teh text a bit more readable; it's lovely but perhaps not very eye'catching. People need to read all the text in split seconds. Other than that, great work!

I don't see anything wrong with this picture. It looks great! Doesn't look very rough at all, I like the red detail line around the people. The words at the top and the bottom are hard to read, but it's not really necessary for them to be readable since you already show the title in the middle of the book cover.

I would also have to agree with the rest of the people that have posted. At first glance of your cover, I noticed a very nice anime art, but as I look deeper and more thourough of the design I get distracted with the text. You should try to make the text less abstract, because the most important thing about a book or novel is its title. The title although it may seem unimportant it is basically the heart of the book. If a consumer was to just walk by and browse at novels to by they might not notice your book because the title was to abstract in design.Try to make the title more noticeable and easy to read, it should be the main focus of the cover. Hope that helped and you will be able to improve a pretty well done design...

I think you did a fantastic job on the cover. However the title doesn’t really standout. Maybe if changed the color to make it more obvious. Also the background color seems to compete with the foreground color. I would change the background a little to make both the graphics and the book title standout more. But overall I think it’s great. How did you get your anime graphics on the computer?

Yeesh! Eye pain much?Haha, sorry. Just had to take a jab. It's really pretty good, just minus what everyone's already said about the text. The "ransom note" thing just isn't working on a cutesy manga cover.I really like the white splatter idea, though. It stands out and it's not the cliche stuff you usually see on manga covers... ech.Nice start, keep up the good work.

Nice work, but I have trouble reading some of the text, especially at the bottom. I'd work a little bit on that. Overall it's nice work. Makes me wish I had art talent. If it weren't for computers and Lightwave....I wouldn't be able to draw a straight line.

have you posted any of the novel material besides the cover work.. id like to read some of it and see whats its all about..

I'm afraid he was in charge of making the cover, somebody else made the novel. This is usually the case, you know : a writer does the writing, and a graphist makes the pictures.