xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Anime sigs - females may want to take a look aka dreamer series

well i wanted to perfect my sparkle brushing a bit and so I came up with these three sigs, so if the ladies of the forum who like these go ahead you can put them on your sig block. but of course if the guys want them to knock yourself out as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You may have felt you were perfecting your sparkle brushing, but honestly, Mike, you can't read the text, the third one is so bright it is painful to my eyes. They are too bright, it's painful. In the first sig, you covered your renders with the pattern, which isn't that great - you could have changed the opacity there as well.Why not try and make a sig without using renders? But making the "renders" yourself as well - it's harder than it looks :oPS. Please for the sake of posting, include some more text, you are only posting images. And make your sig a bit shorter...

Saint, I'm going to say this in the best possible way, from one moderator to another.YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF.Not only are these sexist (Sexism is discrimination against people based on their sex rather than their individual merits) in that 'ladies' want pretty and soft-glowing images, but they are also using up the valuable bandwidth of Asta and doing my head in.You could say that I am being very narrow minded, but at this point, I'm being very cheesed off.

In the light of twitch' post, I would like to add the following :I am a lady, one of a kind and not always kind :o But I prefer a good dark gruesome siggie, blood - tears - pain, nice. And I hate pink :P

Haha I wasw gonna mention that it was a bit sexist to assume the females of the board would like frilly little pink and cutesy sigs... but luckily I was right that others would take note :oAs a note about the actual work, I agree with the comment that the text is nearly impossible to read and that they are too bright. On an lcd in a dark room those things could blind someone heh

I disagree that SM is being a sexist when "dsicriminating" the ladies for liking pink and sparkles. Now don't get me wrong, I'm just speaking from opinion. SM's doings are just to let the ladies out there know that there are pink/sparkle sigs here. I won't say that every female likes pink and sparkles but there are still some out there. And SM had not said anything bad or discriminating to women in any way. All in all, this is just my opinion. SM hasn't been very active lately in Xisto and i know most of his sigs are contributed to Xisto. Still, i would also like to add the fact that SM's latest sigs hasn't been exactly good compared to last time. Trully, i don't mean to offend you(SM) but your sigs haven't been arousing the attention of people around here and so far, there haven't been any very good comments over your sigs. I really don't mean to say anything bad about you in any way, just some constructive criticism to boost up the quality of your next set of sigs a little.

I think he's doing a fine job, and perhaps his comment of "ladies" sigs is a little off the mark, but what do you associate a "boy's" sig with. It's just typical to associate pink with ladies. Not all "ladies" like pink, but I would put my money on a larger majority of ladies like pink more than the majority of boys. It's not sexism, it's statistics.

so if the ladies of the forum who like these go ahead you can put them on your sig block. but of course if the guys want them to knock yourself out as well.

It's not as if he said, only the ladies can use these sigs. I'm sure he didn't mean it in anyway offensive. Don't take it to heart guys, he's just trying to be creative and learn at the same time.

As for bandwidth perhaps he should just start linking his sigs rather than displaying them. I don't know about that one, but that seems logical. I noticed a lot of threads like this one, so I would assume that all those images would stack up. It was just a thought.

As for the sigs, a little bolder font would make it look pretty nice in my opinion, but I'm no graphic designer.

Your Sigs are cool, but you see they are even more better if you reduce some brightness. Others were right about the texts, they're unreadable because the background is too bright. The texts are important just like the graphics. They need to be clear. Why is it these sigs are only for the ladies? hehehe I'am a guy, but I love using pastel or light colors specifically purple, orange and blue. I love to use the 2nd sig but I don't want anybody calling me in this board a lady. hahahaAnyway, keep it up man. Improve. that's the only advise I can give you for now.

well I after disappearing after the great sig witch hunt, I thought I come back to this post and do a little explaination.When i posted these it wasn't ment to be sexist at all, these were ment for those who like the stuff that these sigs are based on as you can see the overall theme was anime and tasteful renders if you will. Now for those who know my wonderful collection of renders, these renders that I use are of good taste, now if I were to put the tastless renders in these that be a different story all together and which I won't get into but we all know what I mean.@moonwitch yeah i know your style pretty well since you showed me some of your work way back in the days.@twitch well that as polite as you could get but believe me If I were to be sexist those renders would be of a different nature. Now if you want to change the topic title I pm the change that will suit the topic at hand.a little to bright yes should have put a wear sunglasses warning on this thread.For those who I offended though few I am sorry for incovience.

Mike, my main issue was that you post exactly what we as admins amd mods are to punish in other members, so it makes us hypocrite because we follow double standards.

a little to bright yes should have put a wear sunglasses warning on this thread.

If you can't take constructive criticisms then stop doing sigs.

no more comment. geez man. are you a really a guy or what?

Notice from szupie:
I've closed this topic to prevent a further flaming. It seems unlikely for constructive comments to be added if I didn't close the topic.

If you can't take constructive criticisms then stop doing sigs.
no more comment. geez man. are you a really a guy or what?

That was a joke believe me I have had worse comments then that on about a dozen other sites where I post my sigs at. I believe you take sig designing to seriously to comment like that.