xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anime princess

Is Button Mashing Wrong?

My boyfriend gets mad because i beat him at all the fighting games. I'm a button masher and he says im cheap and that he won't play with me.Hey its not my fault im better right? ;pI'm very good with killik and voldo in soul caliburAnd very good with wink in marvel nemesis ^^I think i could kick most men's butts and that he's just being a sore loser =3I did get blisters on my thumb last week from marvel tho lololol

Button mashing is fine. If your boyfriend cannot beat you while you mash like that, then he just really isnt good at that fighting game to begin with. Most fighting games cannot be button mashed though, a veteran player or player that are of intermediate level can easily beat a button masher just by waiting for a opening to attack. So to put it plain and simple he probably just isnt that good at the game. =P

I don't like button masher games; skillz above everything !I think your friend should try to adapt to your technique :P Normally it shouldn't be that tough to beat a button masher if you know that the moves your opponent does are random (and doesn't pay much attention to whatever move/combo you're loading ...)Keep mashing, and he should try to improve :D

eh, I don't mind it so much. its fun sometimes to have a button-mash war...But its also fun to use strategy and technique. You ought to throw in a little bit of that sometime, to keep him going.

I hate button mashing, but for me, sometimes it's a necessity. When I just can't get the moves down... look out buttons. But I prefer technique and strategy above all else. When I know a game well enough, going agains a button masher is easy enough. But being a button masher against someone who knows the game, I get my butt beat hard. So I try my best to learn the game, but when all else fails.... mash away.

Ha. Button mashing is fine, if it works for you. However, it won't beat all players. Also you won't be consistent. You just hit buttons and hope to make some type of impact. The people that actually know what they're doing obviously have more control. If they know enough moves and play the game enough they'll prob win vs a button masher. But hey it's for fun! Play until your fingers swell and ache lol.

Sometimes, button smashing is the way to go. But, it can't be trusted for most of the combos. Like in Guity Gear X(X2), I can't do some of the overdrive attacks (2QF is what they are called, I presume) without button smashing.But, that doesn't mean I am a button smasher. Its just that to be the best you got to employ everything. :)

Button mashing is fine, as long as it's not on the keyboard because you're going to kill your keyboard because it was never design to handle so much abuse from the user. Video game controllers, on the other hand were designed to take a lot of abuse especially for button mashers, so go ahead and button mash. Even I button mash for fun :)xboxrulz

There is nothing wrong with button mashing! Its up to you how to play the games. Ive been beaten by a few button mashers and it annoyed me but after a while a realsied there is a style to beating them! You need to be patient and wait to make your move. Also if a button masher hits you its only a bit of damage each time but when you time a combo or special type move you do way more damage! Of course he could always try block your button mashing! If you blocked you and then countered it shouldn't be hard to beat a button masher. I must agree with everyone and say that if he can't beat you button mashing then perhaps he should try a bit of banging himself!On the other hand though I dont think its good for you to button mash. You say you're good with killik and voldo but how can you actually be 'good' at button mashing? I dont really think its a skill to bang the buttons! I suggest try playing the games with tactics. I find fighting with moves you know is way more satisfying than just hitting buttons not even knowing what your character is gonna do next! I think its way more fun do try moves and develop your own fighting styles with each character!