xisto Community
shaun06

Problems With Gimp

i downloaded gimp.when i try to open it it says 'the procedure entry point XML_setDoctypedeclHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library xmlparse.dll.' plz someone help.

i downloaded gimp.when i try to open it it says 'the procedure entry point XML_setDoctypedeclHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library xmlparse.dll.' plz someone help.

Sounds like you are missing a .dll file on your computer
I also have gimp and have had no problems like this
try searching for and installing xmlparse.dll

I had no problems with gimp when I was installing it, it works for me too, but what version do you use ? what windows or linux you have and where did you download that install ?

Shaun06, here's how you go about fixing your GIMP:

Run a search on your computer for the files xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll. You should see two copies of each file, one in C:\Windows\system32 and one in your GTK2/GIMP folders where you have GIMP installed. The files in your GTK2/GIMP folders are the newer versions of those dll's (you may notice that they're slightly larger in size), but for some reason they sometimes don't install properly. Anyway, copy both files for your GTK folder over to your system32 folder, and that's it. GIMP should work perfectly for you now. =^^=

Where did it go?Problems With GimpOk So Idk What I Did Wrong. But I Was Using GIMP And I Exited OutOf The Layer Box So I Couldn't See My Layers Anymore Nor Could I See My Tools Selections. I Got My Layers Back Together And Thats Fine. But When I Choose A Tool To Use I Cant See The Settings For That Tool.I Picked The Burn Tool And I Cant See The Settings For The Burn Tool.Like If Its On Dodge, Highlight, Midlight, Just the Like Options For That Tool. I don't Know How To Fix It Or How To Bring It Back. Its Fustrating MeSo Can Someone PLEASE Help?