xisto Community
HellFire121

Totally Free Domain Names - www.uni.cc www.uni.cc

I use uni.cc because i find it's good and effective and i think it's great there's so many options you can do with it. I just wish they did a HTML option where you do your site in HTML because then you wouldn't have to sign up for more hosting somewhere else.But for me, i find hosting and use it with my uni.cc :)I have loads of accounts on there and i admit that they have been down alot but thats because they've been making changes and im alright with that.

I like http://www.freedomain.pro/ but sometimes when i feel like signing up for a new url, the sign ups are closed. Doesn't seem to happen anymore but when it does, it takes way too long for the sign ups to become available again.Some free url cloakers are better than others u just have to look around. Some submit your site to google for free. Freedomain.co.nr is supposed to do that but it doesn't really work.

Domain names are extremely cheaply priced nowadays. I would rather not go through all the trouble of affliation or filling out surveys just to get a domain name - i would just buy it.And i do not recommend tking your websites as the amounts of advertisements are discouraging for visitors.

Frankly, I like uni.cc simply because their domain name looks so clean. Unfortunately, I've discovered that they suffer from significant downtime, which means that visitors using the uni.cc URL just couldn't get into my site. Fortunately, there are other services that are just as good. =^^=

Here are a few of them:

Qer.org (subdomain: user.qer.org, no ads, URL cloaking)

Notlong.com (subdomain: user.notlong.com, no ads, URL cloaking)

YourSubdomain.com (subdomain: user.s19.net, no ads, URL cloaking)

Ne1.net (subdomain: user.ne1.net, no ads on normal redirect, ads on cloaked redirect, ad-free cloaked redirect if linked back)

Kickme.to (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads for uncloaked, ad-supported on cloaked)

Shim.net (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

Ulimit (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

WebAlias (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

There are a whole lot more similar services out there, but it's gonna take me weeks just to list them all. All I can say is, make friends with Google. =^^=

Thanks for the links. I am checking out each one right now. =)

The "uni.cc" names issued are actually subdomains of the domain name "uni.cc" and are not real domain names. Subdomain names do not incur fees like domain names, so they are issued freely by the domain owner.

i tried http://www.freedomain.pro/ ..its not that much popular ..but service is reliable..you can easily get ur wished name for your website..i used it ..my adresses are http://www.siddharth16.co.nr/; http://www.siddharth0016.co.nr/ in return they ask to place a very small logo just like thumb size..and enjoy url redirection for life time..i did it on my second site i.e. siddharth0016.co.nr but not on the first site..its been more than 6 months but they havent terminated this account..so..i think they dnt take strict action for not following their rules..also the url redit=rection starts immediately after you sign up!!

I personally think a top-level domain e.g. .com domains, are a better option. Although it is not free, it looks much better professionally especially if you are running a business or even if it is just a blog. Unfortunately, with these 'free domain name providers', the problem is that if the domain host suffers downtime, all 'free domains' or subdomains in reality will also suffer downtime. Top-level domains on the other hand operate in a way where DNS servers redirect users from a domain name to an IP address of a server, where the DNS servers are unlikely to suffer downtime.

It's easy to get a free domain, but it's difficult to stay with it for a long time-- because their ads, or their down time, or they simpley send you a notice that they changed to paid service. We want certainty when it comes choice of domain. If you are not sure whether or not this free domain still available for you 3 years later, how can you make decission to put on time and energy and money to develop a nice site on it?Sure you can make a copy of your design and plant it on another free domain, but you lost your advantages that you have build for SEO purpose such as page rank...Sure you can redirect old users to new domain after lost the old one. But, sure many old users get lost.The worst case is the old domain service simpley disappeard and you have no way to forward it.All that said, go for a paid domain if you are serious.Enjoy free domain service if you use it for designing or testing purpose.

This is niot free , but I think paying less than $2 for a domain is pretty good deal.

Godaddy is having a NEW promotion for $1.49 domains...

Register or transfer any available .COM, .US, .MOBI, .BIZ, .NET, .ORG, .CA, .CO.UK and .IN domain for just $1.49!*Applies to the first year only of new or transfer registrations. This offer may not be used for renewals, bulk registrations, premium domains or Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations. Limited to one order per customer, expiring after 10,000 redemptions or at 11:59 PM on February 16, 2011 (whichever comes first). Discount will be reflected in your shopping cart; cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, PayPalÂŽ or AliPay to redeem this offer.
* Plus ICANN fee of 18 cents per domain year when applicable.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

OR USE WINTER149 at checkout.

Notice from yordan:
please stop posting copied text without quotes. Remember that plagiarism can lead to a ban