xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
victorhu

Problem About Install phpBB2

I upload all phpbb2 files to my webspace with dreamweaver.
And then run install/install.php
but the install page not show up.
Only disordered coding

'ar([_-][a-z]+)?', 'bulgarian' => 'bg', 'catalan' => 'ca', 'czech' => 'cs', 'danish' => 'da', 'german' => 'de([_-][a-z]+)?', 'english' => 'en([_-][a-z]+)?', 'estonian' => 'et', 'finnish' => 'fi', 'french' => 'fr([_-][a-z]+)?', 'greek' => 'el', 'spanish_argentina' => 'es[_-]ar', 'spanish' => 'es([_-][a-z]+)?', 'gaelic' =>

Is it because I didnt upload with ftp software?

I upload all phpbb2 files to my webspace with dreamweaver.

I would suggest you use CuteFTP or BulletProof FTP or just search for "FTP" on asta and u'll get results of some free FTP software that were discussed before. While uploading files to a webserver, i would normally suggest anyone to use a FTP Software. Just configure your FTP and you are good to go ! B) Upload and then go to install.php via your folder path ..

Regards
Dhanesh.

You need to upload the files with their directory structure intact, the gibberish you are seeing is the function guess_language() and what you showed part of were the language being assigned to an array. Get a good FTP client that will keep the directory structure intact, most all of the new one should do that for you. Then try the install again, if I remember correctly it will even create a database for you.

Of course, on astathost, you need to do nothing in order to have phpbb2, fantastico does the whole job for you.On a server other than Xisto, just do an ftp, this suggestion is right.I would just like to inform that I sometimes had to chmod somes directories : for instance on Xisto you are not the "root" user, so you need to give yourself execution rights on the installation programs. Most of modern ftp clients allows you changing the permissions on your downloaded files, simplly try (read-write-execute to everibody), get everything working, and then selectively change the permissions for security reasons and then check that phpbb still works.

If your server is Xisto you shouldn't open the page while in your cPanel. You should open a new window and type in the following URL:
http://ww38.yoursite.com/install/install.php (This link leads nowhere)
If your not at Xisto, then probably you should do the same thing and check whether your PHP version is at least 3+. Otherwise, check whether your server has PHP or not.
I suggest that if you have been doing this and your PHP is up-to-date, then try uploading all the files with FTP.
For more support on installing PHPBB, go here

Edited by Arnie K (see edit history)