xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
victorhu

Problem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP why you can not delete an empty folder?

Problem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XPProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

Your filesystem is corrupt. Run chkdsk /f <enter>

and then try deleting the folder.

-reply by icarus

Unlocker works greatProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XPUnlocker is a great program! I had a "ghost" of a file on my desktop that I could not get the computer to delete and would get the message that the file didn't exist! Don't even get me started on the logic problem that creates. I downloaded Unlocker in a couple of seconds, very small file, installed. I right clicked on the "non-existant" file and I received the message that the file was not locked but Unlocker could help me in other ways. With a drop down menu, I chose delete and lo and behold, the "nonexistant" file was gone from my desktop. Thanks for the advice!-reply by Happy Unlocker User

Easy Solution....Problem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

Create a word document and then place it in the folder you are having problems with. Then delete it the normal way! Should work...

-reply by Dave

virus folder lockedProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

okay so this is the deal. I have my computer (the oneimon right now) and its slowing down and f-ing up in all sorts of ways, plus most of my files I had to delete because of infection, me and my mum thought we got rid of the infection but I've come to realise that these were the sub infected folders, I finally have believebly found the loctation of the virus, I believe its a false file, (C:system Volume Information)for manually searching for it, it cannot be found, and when I go to the search it says "access denined, file is locked" or something along the lines.

I do have complete admin access and I have gone to the admin account to try to access it. I just need help on how to get rid of it. We have tried formating but unfortunatly this is a dell computer, a friend fixed it up and we need that disk to reformate it, all other disks are locked out or something, my mum tried not me so I don't really know. 

so if you have any ideas to help I would be very very greatful.

-reply by Bree

I too have a folder that wont delete on my mp3 player. Try to run a virus scan I recommend AVG free or Malwarebytes

I had a virus and ran both my computer is in great working order.

Delete doctor

http://download.cnet.com/Delete-Doctor/3000-2381_4-10791266.html

is not a virus. However it only deletes files not folders.

Thanks hope this helps

David

-reply by David

Problem deleting empty folder in win xpProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

I too have had these issues with my mp3 player sadly I used unlocker but the folder did not go away also strangely deleted files "magically"  reappear. I wish I could add more to the topic but this happened just now

-reply by syythex

Deleting a corrupted Folder on Temp in Windows XPProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

I once watched an embarassing movie online, and to my surprise and fear, the file remained in the Temp folder, despite my having tried to delete it in all possible ways, including Safe Mode.

I always get this message:

Cannot Delete xxx The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable.

This file has an embarassing name, and I cannot even rename it, or view it again.

Please help ASAP, as the computer I use is shared by the rest of my family

-question by Shane

LOL making the word doc worked, I tried notepad and it didnt work so I wouldnt have even thought to use word, but sure enough it worked. Thank you!

-reply by random-user-guy

Empty forderProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

Hello, m y laptop has a problem caused by viruses and it shows me some forder are empty and I wanted to bring back my files, what can I do?

-reply by Olivier

try unlockerProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XP

Guys my problem was almost the same.

I had created a folder and dumped some data into that..After some usage when  tried to delete all the content in the folder got deleted exccept the folder saying access denied..I tried in so many ways and googled for it many times but did not get the exact solution..And I left it like that for around 4-5 months..And recently one forum helped me giving the software UNLOCKER.. It solved my  problems and I eleted around 7 error  empty folders.. Thank you

here's the link to the software   http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Unlocker/ChkdiskProblem Deleting Empty Folder In Win XPReplying to kaputnik'Unlocker' claimed success but did not actually remove the corrupt directory.A basic chkdsk /f

fixed this directory and recovered the invisible files that were locking up the directory. I was then able to delete the directory easily using the normal 'delete'.See also, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

-reply by GopherBaroque