xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blix1405241486

Problems With CD Drive Pc reconizes DVDs but not Cds

Hi, i installed Alcohol 1.2 and deinstalled it after a while. Now my PC doesn´t reconize my CDs but any DVD (Movies/Data) i put in works fine. I did clean the registry with TuneUp utilities but no change...Any Ideas?ThanksBlix

It is possible that when uninstalled Alcohol that took out the drivers for your drive as well. If you know of your drive vendor (like NEC/Samsung/etc) then go to their website and download the driver for it. If you have then install disk, then try that.Alternatively, go to Control Panel and add new hardware. See if it finds it then.As for it recognising DVDs but not CDs, that has baffled me a little.For registry cleaning, I prefer to use CCleaner. It does come bundled with other cleaning stuff, but the Issues button on the left is where you go for cleaning the registry.Finally, it could be that your registry has been corrupted. To find out how to fix the registry, I suggest you look through Google results on your problem.

Problems With Erasing CD DiskProblems With CD Drive

Can someone help please.

When I want to erase a re writable disk my Nero 6 says :No Recorder Available That Supports erasing disk.

Thanks. 

-question by scorpion