xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SileZigns

Your Opinion On Dreamweaver What is it?

In my opinion dreamweaver is the only program that I found that offers the features that I need to make my web pages. Its easy interface, gives me access to the variety of options I need to implement from a basic web site to a complex one. Unlike many others web editors that I have tried, I dont feel as restricted when Im designing a web site. So far I used dreamweaver to design multiple website, that were html, xhtml, flash, half flash and half html. The features that dreamweaver provides for me when making these web pages I was able to effeciently develop them with little frustration.Also I have yet to find a glitch in the program, maybe its because Im doing most of the design in the coding and not using the special buttons most of the time. But nevertheless its a program that I have yet to look away from when designing web pages.One of the best features that I think dreamweaver offers is the ease of creating CSS sheets. THere are those times when I totally couldnt remmber the syntax for a certain font or text attritbute for CSS, and with dreamweaver it automatically can help you find or add the attribute for you if you dont happen to remember what the syntax is.Without dreamweaver I might as well be a pretty crippled designer, but like the real world, we always will need to learn to adapt.

I don't like DreamWeaver very much. I downloaded the free trial because there was so many good comments about it. When I ran the program, it took sooo long to load. I'd recommand 1st Page 2000 or 1st Page 2006. They don't take so long to load, they have many features, and 1st Page 2000 is free. They also supply some scripts ready made.

I think dreamweaver 8 is the complete package for web designing, mind you i haven't use all it's features and what not. But the fac they have no junk code whatsoever, makes my day. If it wasn't for that $400+ price tag this would be even a better top selling software.

I favor dreamweaver, because it gives me the ability to see what I am designing. It has more than one mode of operation and can be used at various levels. For example, a user that does not know much of coding can actually use its design interface and just draw and layout tables as they see fit. But you can totally use the program at an advanced stage where you can just code the whole thing as is. And with that, while your coding you can actually see what design you have made through the code you have wrote on the fly.Unlike the old method of doing it in notepad and saving it as a html file and then checking it if it looks right, Dreamweaver helps designers design from more than one perspective and at a convenience level that benifits the designer in many ways. There is a lot of ways and features that dreamweaver offers and it is certaintly the best WYSIWYG editors that I have experienced thus far. You are capable of learning HTML as you are designing. A program worth the money, not like the others that I have tried.

I think it's way better than other popular WYSIWYG editors like Frontpage. Mostly because of its handy Auto-Upload function, some other programs have that too, but it's not the same. I think if you have a website, this program is a MUST have.

It's good...But most of its features are more useful for newbies. You see, many things are easier to do with you type the codes than trying to make it through some DW menu...But it's wonderful, the best WYSIWYG software, be sure.It's nice for you to make your codes. And has a perfect FTP integrated.

I must say that after many years not using Dreamweaver and using text editors like Notepad++ I have been swayed to come back to the latest version of Dreamweaver.What I have always liked about it is the fact if you set your sites up properly in the site manager and have something like Xammp running the exact same versions of Apache and PHP its very easy to test CMS systems locally.I use Joomla a lot on production sites that I make and I got sick and tired of connecting to the net to change things.I still use Notepad++ all the time with Dreamweaver cos I am just so used to using it, I tend to do all the easy graphical stuff in Dreamweaver I love the fact that you can just drag and drop stuff your working on in Photoshop into Dreamweaver but then switch to Notepad++ if I have any problems with the code.For me mistakes jump out of the page at me in Notepad++ but the code view in Dreamweaver is not so good.But I do love the FTP functions that Dreamweaver offers, but again there is still limitations in what the FTP part can do so I tend to go back to Bulletproof FTP to set permissions etc etc.I hope that when Adobe get their act together they will release kind of an ultimate design package that has Photoshop/Image Ready/Fireworks/Illustrator and Dreamweaver all built together in one seamless package.This would cut down down the overhead on your pc of having all these things open at one time I hope.On my laptop I tend to have to close Illustrator to be able to open Photoshop otherwise it will start crashing when I copy and paste stuff from one to the other.

I think it's way better than other popular WYSIWYG editors like Frontpage. Mostly because of its handy Auto-Upload function, some other programs have that too, but it's not the same. I think if you have a website, this program is a MUST have.

I don't think frontpage should even be in the same class as dreamweaver. There i think you can draw the line, that Frontpage is a WYSIWYG editor for absolute newbies, but then when you get to a more professional level, you have Dreamweaver or plain coding. I think Dreamweaver is just as good as a text editor, you get the option to only work in code as well if that's what you prefer. But a more visually oriented person who could be just as talented as the coder can use the graphic or the split layout, and get their work accomplished a lot faster, because they can see the project in its final form as it's built.

i don't have dreamweaver, i wasn't sure if i wanted to spen to money on it, just in case i didn't like it or was unhappy. But i think i might buy it after reading all these. But what is it? Is it only web design or what??

Oh I love Dreamweaver. We used Frontpage in high school, and I got experience using that, but I didn't really like it all that much. Once I got into college, I got to use Dreamweaver and I must say, it is the superior of the two. I was commissioned years later to redo my high school's website (that I had originally designed while I was still going there) and switched everything over to dreamweaver. Oh it looks so much nicer (though, that may be partially due to the fact that I had more experience). Several pages needed to look the same, and I designed them the same in Dreamweaver as they were in Frontpage, and the file size was three times the size in Frontpage than the Dreamweaver version. Microsoft throws in so much unnecessary code with Frontpage design, it's crazy!