xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Getting Hit On All The Time

I hate to say it miss but you did enter a life where that is horribly the side effect of being so. This human society is totally full of sexual defiants that really only think with the wrong head. I wish it were as simple as asking people to leave you alone. I really do. But at the same time it does happen and once you find that one person who does make you happy I am sure they will prtect you from the rest :)

spawn_syxx9, I think you are being insulting (I hope unintentionally) and ignoring the actual content of the original post. You are hung up on the fact that she is a dancer and works in the adult entertainment industry, this is irrelevent to the post. The only relevence it had is that it demonstrates that she has to deal with this all the time. The incident being discussed has nothing at all to do with her profession, it took place at a restaurant, not at her work. Ignoring that it does not justify overly the actions of males who hit on women to such a degree that it makes them nervous. Those who state that the women invite this by the way they dress or what industry they work in is ignorant and insulting. It is the same as a rapist using the defense of provocative dress.Perhaps if she was complaining about guys hitting on her while she was striping you may have a point that she is inviting them to hit on her, however even at this point she has the right not to be accosted. Now as I stated in an earlier post I don't think that this particular incident was that severe, and in fact the original poster mentioned in a later post that she was more venting about her boyfriends lack of compassion then being hit on, but to dismiss it as some have done due to her dress (which was never stated as being even the least bit provocative or revealing) or her profession is justifying the actions of other less inocent assaults.

Oh man I understand. It also feels like he doesn't take your proffesion seriously. I am so sick of guys in trucks who go past. I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for my friend and i had just finished swimming so my hair was out, just sitting there reading manga. In like the first half an hour i got like 5 horn beep things, a few "heys" and a whistle >.< it is so annoying! Men who go in those trucks and honk and girls like that sicken me. I really despise that!

Ok wow.. you guys are totally taking that out of context and obviously too worked on being simpathetic than realizing the reality of life. No I don't take her profession seriously.. how can I? What is there to take seriously? She dances exotically? I grew up in a city where that was as common as seeing a kid eat an ice cream. I don't have any ties to it that make me feel like it is "wrong" or "sinful."I think you guys are missing the point that if you enter a job or situation where you do that, well then be prepared to accept that those are the clients. I feel bad for her, sure. But I am not going to tell her that because she should already know. She was venting her anger at those type of men. I am saying that despite disliking them, which I do fully, that at times it just sucks but they are people like that around. How was I being insulting?

Hey baby, you alone? =P j/kWell, I do suppose it's an insult, but you will have to get used to it, with the fields you say you want to enter. You don't have to -like- it, but you'll most likely have to -endure- it quite often.

Ok wow.. you guys are totally taking that out of context and obviously too worked on being simpathetic than realizing the reality of life.

No I don't take her profession seriously.. how can I? What is there to take seriously? She dances exotically? I grew up in a city where that was as common as seeing a kid eat an ice cream. I don't have any ties to it that make me feel like it is "wrong" or "sinful."

I think you guys are missing the point that if you enter a job or situation where you do that, well then be prepared to accept that those are the clients.

I feel bad for her, sure. But I am not going to tell her that because she should already know. She was venting her anger at those type of men. I am saying that despite disliking them, which I do fully, that at times it just sucks but they are people like that around.

How was I being insulting?

131262[/snapback]

First, let me start this off by saying I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but trying to see things your way. You say that you cannot take my profession seriously...so does that mean that me having to deal with guys who think I will have sex with them, or meet them after work, or think that just for the price of a dance they can do whatever they please, is not sometimes very hard, if not physically, at least emotionally? I accepted that when I am at work, and dressed the way I am there, that I can expect this to happen with about 95% of the guys...I understand that. What I don't understand, and what was the point of this whole discussion in the first place, is why I should feel that it is acceptable for it to happen at a place that I have never before or since mentioned the fact that I work in the adult industry at all. In fact, all the conversation at the table had been about was one of the table mates' problems with an ex boss. Therefore, where in the world did my boyfriend get off telling me I should have said thank you to the guy who asked if I and my (married) friend were there alone, since we were both sitting next to our respective significant others? You were, IMHO, being insulting in the sense (now) that there is nothing about my job for you to take seriously. I work very hard at my job to make the money I do, normally putting in 40-45 hours a week in high heels to try and convince a guy that he can have fun without getting out of hand, as it were. Also, I was venting at the fact that a girl, regardless of what she may do for a living, will get hit on by a nonobservant guy who can't seem to understand that the probability is low that at a table of three girls but two guys, that any of them might be available. That is my last word on the subject, and baloney like this is why I'm leaving Xisto.

Ok you totally took the wrong idea about what I was saying. If you like to call it baloney then you can go and think that way but I wasn't trying to insult you. I don't think you should have to put up with it but at the same time this world isn't perfect and though you are venting about it and I totally agree with you. I don't go with the concensus that this world is built that way. If you get into the world of the illegal then you should expect to be arrested by cops, if you go into high finance be prepared to get screwed by your partners, and if you dance exotically then be prepared for men to react that way.I am saying that it is totally wrong what happens to you. I wish that more men could just control their animal/sex dirven urges. If I could I would try to make it so that sex was controled to the degree that men and women wouldn't even be urged by sex or even aroused by it.But I was also trying to say that unfortunately we don't live in a world like that. Why that insults you is beyond me but whatever.