xisto Community
yordan

Is Nvu Able To Read Corel Draw Images ?

I am using nvu because it's free. Usually it reads all the images I receive.Yesterday I just received from a friend a .cdr image, probably a Corel Draw image. When I tried to open it, I received a "bad format" message.I would like if nvu is supposed to be able to read a Corel Draw image ? If it's supposed to be able to read it, that would mean that my picture is a corrupted file.If somebody has a working CorelDraw, could you try to open a picture using nvu ?RegardsYordan

Oops ! Where is the "erase" button ? Sorry, I read my post again and I see that it's quite confusing.I open my images files with XnView, in order to crop them and move them to .gif or .jpgThen I use nvu in oder to create the html page with a link to the .jpg image.And now I have a .cdr image, and XnView refuses opening it. I would like to know if it's normal, or if my image file is corrupted. That's why I would like to know if, on a natural way, XnView is able to open standard CorelDraw images.RegardsYordan

You will have large problems with opening corel documents in other software... Anyway if you need it badly, you could send out the corel file to me, and I could convert it in any application format you need. B)

Oops ! Where is the "erase" button ? Sorry, I read my post again and I see that it's quite confusing.
I open my images files with XnView, in order to crop them and move them to .gif or .jpg
Then I use nvu in oder to create the html page with a link to the .jpg image.
And now I have a .cdr image, and XnView refuses opening it. I would like to know if it's normal, or if my image file is corrupted. That's why I would like to know if, on a natural way, XnView is able to open standard CorelDraw images.
Regards
Yordan

Thanks, Opethian.Basically, my question was about opening a file with an open-source software. I have the solution for Excel files, I open them with openOffice. In this topic I wanted to know if it's possible to open a .cdr file with an open-source or with a free software.As finaldesign explains it, this is unfortunately not possible. The best way to share such files is to ask the author to re-send the file in JPG format. That's the way I will proceed next time.Regards Yordan

If your topic is over, can I start a new one? But its about Nvu, thats y I dont want want to make a new post. I have a problem with Nvu, not about designing websites/pages using Nvu. But I wanted to compile Nvu on my own, I read a lot about it on their website, but I some how dont seem to understand a single word, can anyone help me?

If your topic is over, can I start a new one?

Of course, you can start a new topic.Nevertheless, if you prefer continuing this one, no problem.
The problem is never asking a question, the problem is finding somebody who has the answer !
Regards
Yordan