xisto Community
clear

Network Help

hi im using a router and have 2pcs and 1 laptop to it and the laptop takes most of the speed so when im on my pc its really slow internet can some one tell me the the problem is here

hi im using a router and have 2pcs and 1 laptop to it and the laptop takes most of the speed so when im on my pc its really slow internet can some one tell me the the problem is here

That is really odd to tell you the truth. I have 4 computers (2 laptops and 2 desktops) and each can be on at the same time. One desktop also has two active ethernet. Download rates all stay the same.

I've never seen it where one computer hoggs all the bandwidth. One good place to start is by checking your settings.

[N]F

It depends on your signal strength, and the reciever your using. Check that the signal strength reads at Excellent or Very Good. IF not, then that is your problem and try moving your router or laptop.The three will not steal the speed, all of them will have the same speed, as they will take the data from different channels.Try taking your router and software out, and re-installing everything. Also run the diagnostics program in Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless ConnectionsIf all else fails, contact mastercomputers, he is a freakily knowledgable person when it comes to computing.