xisto Community
qwijibow

Intel, Another Reason Im Glad I Use Amd intels latest anti-competative move

This is pretty much the same thing with the whole AMD/Intel thing... Intel was paying computer companies big bucks to use its processors (aka, unfair competition) which resulted in a law suit.This is why I despise Intel a lot. It is unfair business.. and hurts the economy.Anyway, Intel knows AMD processors preform better and are better so they want to hurt AMD as much as possible... how? BIG PAYOFFS! If you were a company (software or computer) and Intel offered you, oh $70 Million or more a year if you support them and if you even support AMD, you'd lose the contract and the cash? I sure would support Intel!That's how it works (of course, there could be billions involved, but same idea)[N]F

I don't see how this is so shocking to you people. Cola companies bid to have exclusive rights for companies to sell only their product... mcdonalds sells only coke because thats who offered to give them the best deals. Is it unfair business because they offered a service for less? How is offering a service for less any dif then paying then to use their stuff... either way its saving money. Again I don't think its the nicest possible business practice but it's not like they're doing anything that out of the ordinary, you're just not used to seeing it in tech companies.Then again you sort of do... many times big comp retailers will sell only ati or nvidia boards in their systems... I'm sure its not ONLY because their employees prefer one over the other. Don't you think they are given incentives? That's how the business world works, better start accepting it now B)

Yea game companies don't (yet) make games INTENTIONALLY run worse on one process,

I think that they simply do the first test on their partner's hardware, check that everything works fine, and after that, if they have enough time they do correctly the job for the other hardware devices ; if they are in a hurry, they do a "quick and dirty" job, and it works slitly less fine. B)