xisto Community
Kushika

Windows XP SP2 Better Than SP1? - Should I Upgrade?

I believe the security in SP2 is upgraded to a really good extent. It also have its own pop up blocker I believe that prevents them annoying pop ups that we get when we visit sites.I would definitely reccomend you to get upgraded to SP2, the new secuirty features installed to the system are features I believe you probably cant regret, well thats if you like seeing pop ups...haha

I believe the security in SP2 is upgraded to a really good extent.
It also have its own pop up blocker I believe that prevents them annoying pop ups that we get when we visit sites.

I would definitely reccomend you to get upgraded to SP2, the new secuirty features installed to the system are features I believe you probably cant regret, well thats if you like seeing pop ups...haha

Yes, it does have IE with a pop-up blocker. Nevertheless, I use Firefox so I have a pop-up blocker already. Apart from security fixes, I don't think there's much of a difference between SP1 & 2.

there are many exploits on SP2, it creates some itself and doesn't patch crap.

nonono, it "patches" maybe 2 old holes, but it just opens 5 million new holes! lol :lol:

Anyway, when I service a Windows XP computer, my boss always has me put on SP1 if they don't already have it. When SP2 was new, pretty much all of my computers couldn't take it. They'd slow down to where an old NEC PowerMate V116e (100 MHz Pentium, 16K or 64K of RAM, Win95) was slightly faster. And these were computers which were much faster too... Microsoft support didn't help at all. I think even AOL tech support could have figured this one out.

Tip: NEVER "embed" the new SP until you have VERIFIED it won't slow your system down. When a 1.8 GHz computer begins to "lag" and act really slow just after you installed a new service pack, then remove it. Else if it works fine, remove it and THEN embed it.

[N]F