xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Web-based Gtalk Messenger Finally Arrives WOW - that was FAST

Yeah I just noticed it the other day and tried using it yesterday and I really like it. Google truly is the innovater when it comes to such things, I would never go back to hotmail or any other search engine simply because in all regards google is without a doubt the fastest.

Holy cosmos! You should have seen the look on my face when I logged into my GMail account. I was away on vacation for 15 days, and that meant I had no internet connection for that time. I log into my GMail account, and volia! I have a chat option there.The one pro I really liked about this service is that I need not download any stuff, as it runs off the web-browser. I always had a thing for standalone stuffs, and this was really a treat. I already have hundreds of lines of chat logs filed in my GMail with most of my friends.Now, being able to log ones chat is the neat stuff. I mean, I have had many times, where someone would have mentioned some important stuff on the chat, and I had forgotten to take it down. But, having it logged, all I need to do is do a search. And searching is what Google is at its best. B)

Has anyone else noticed this? (Don't answer right now, wait for my next sentence...) When you have both Gmail's page open and Google Talk running, Gmail Chat will take over Talk, and Talk will no longer be functioning.I started a chat with my friend on the Gmail page, and after a long time, I remembered I was waiting for his reply, but I didn't hear any notification sound that Talk makes. Then I went back to the Gmail tab and saw that he's already sent a few lines to me. I wanted to investigate this, so I closed the chat box inside Gmail, and I called Talk up from the tray, and I sent a line to him. No reply came back from Talk, so I checked the Gmail page, and I discovered that Gmail has popped the chat box out again, and my friend was talking to me. It seems that the line I sent through Talk didn't go through.Is it the same for you guys too?

As a chap who's really one shy step away from being called paranoid, I was wondering why I couldn't get the Chat feature (as it's officially called) to work, inspite of getting the welcome screen indicating that I was now one of the fortunate few who had access to this novel feature.

Finally figured it out by looking thru the knowledge-base, where it's quite clearly mentioned that the Chat feature isn't supported yet for secure connections. So I had to go from typing https://gmail.com to
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=
https://mail.google.com/mail/

A slight compromise and deviation but well worth it (at least for this initial testing phase). I can't wait until full secure connection support is enable for the Chat feature.

WLM-Original

Web-based Gtalk Messenger Finally Arrives

Gmail is a whole bunch of nothing,

You can't do anything besides chat on Google talk,

You know what, I realy like MSN, you can transfer files,

Share files, set up display pictures, set up webcam, chat with your microphone, its updating regularly, there are ads, but you can take them

Off easily by finding a patch that does that.

Google will never reach their servers to that level that microsoft worked hard for.

Google, Gmal, Google Talk and all those services have all their servers too plugges with spam, and all those advertisements, emails and all that bulk Google likes to keep running in their services.

Windows Live Messenger- The original

-reply by Wolfaaron