xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Recover Admin Password For Win2kdcserver?

I just changed the password for Administrator a few days ago.But now, I forgot what the password is...:)How can I login to the system again??It is windows 2000 DC Server.the system is installed on SCSI RAID.How can it be recovered?

There's many utilities out there that can reset the administrator password (make it blank).

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I've used some really good ones, one was a Linux Live CD (Austrumi after looking through my filesystem) which is about 50MB which you'd just pass a command at the prompt and it'd help you recover/remove the administrator password.

I do have another one which I've only called Password Recovery on the CD, so I don't know what it's called either, I can't even track that CD down. I'm just currently searching through my filesystem to see if I left the image of it on here, ok, it's only called cd050303.zip and searching for this found a helpful link.

https://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password

I've tried two from there, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (v050303) was the other one I was trying to remember, because you've got SCSI, these may not have the drivers needed. The linux one may have them.

Cheers,

MC

i have a good site but i dont think im aloud to say it here, but they have a program that alows you to create a book disk that alows you to boot into the bios and dump the .SAM files off windows, then you can use another program they provide that dumps the MD5 encrypted passwords on into a .txt and then you can use a brute force program and run a dictionary attack on the hashs and it will give you the passwordsthere are also programs that can reset the password so that it is blank, its best to contact a computer tech or a microsoft support tech to do this

i've used tools to recover a NT based system admin passwords, boot the system using a bootdisc/livecd and then copy off the sams and brute force them to death. hardest part is finding the tools to do it for you, i remember when I did it I had to try many different tools before i found a set that worked.