xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

Custom BBCode Help

OK It appears that you redefined the width of the notetop is that what you wanted to make the header or notetop smaller, if you want the notemain or the box to be the same size then you need to define the notemain the same as the notetop.
You can leave the class alone and just override the class in the <div> by doing this

<div class='notetop' style=width:50%>Napomena:</div><div class='notemain' style= width:50%;overflow:auto;word-wrap:normal >{content}</div>

A little UPDATE I found out that for your style to take even though you havd edit it you have to do it through the ACP, so go to your IPB Admin Control Panel the expand the Skins and Templates then select Manage Skins then select under the master skin set you may only have one set which will be the default skin set so click the name of it and it will show your skin set, make the changes there and then tell it to save and reload, this will put the skin set into your databaase and update the cache and whatever changes you made will now be usable. The override where you defined the width should still work but the notetop and notemain need to have the same values unless you want that kind of effect. You could change your borger to solid or a ridge inset or outset a grove or dashed, just look up css borderstyle with google and you should see all the kinds of borders for boxes that are available.

Now it's working :)As for the update, I'm not sure what you wanted to say, because even without doing that everything works just fine now.

I was searching on the net to add forum member name to a custom bbcode and where does it lead me? Right here! ;)So, were you successful in inserting forum member name to your custom bbcode automatically? Is it ever possible using custom bbcode or does it need to be added as a module (like the ones from Invisionize YOU bbcode)? I'm assuming a simple HTML bbcode cannot interface with IP.Board's PHP array vars...Anyone has an idea how to approach this, please let it be known :-)

No, I haven't managed in doing so ;) I ended up copying the Xisto notice system where you use NOTE=USERNAME. However, a just thought of an idea that might as well work. I'll presume you need it when editing other people's posts, because that's the only way it can be used. Anyhow, when you edit someone's post, you have the choice to leave a message saying "Edited by...". So, why not combine the custom BBCode with that option? Of course, you would probably have to do some serious PHP editing, but it is worth trying.

I do not claim that I understand IP.B bbcodes and how it works (besides the things that I add them as JAVA SCRIPT under custom bbcode). But after looking at YOU bbcode tag at Invisionize I came to understand that it requires some serious PHP and database to make NOTE=USERNAME to be filled in automatically. Somehow it looks for {$author['id']} and the session ID, doubled checked with post number and database entry to make RenderRow to show all other information: such as Username, Group, Posts, Joined, From...etcThis, I believe, means the NOTE tag must be synched with who is making the edit, the permission mask of this member, which post and reference with the forum's database.At this time I am not willing to venture into this area ;) I just thought that custom bbcode will let me use IPB's PHP variables but I guess not, i.e. NOTE={$author['id']} so to speak.

If you want automatic name insertion then why not ask?I haven't worked on this notice BBCode since the javascript problems were sorted here (though I did clean it up even more, just the latest results never saw it here and I only have that on backup now, which I must hunt or just rewrite it again).Without doing any serious PHP we can still grab the name, because IPB uses cookies, and stores the members name there and we can use javascript to grab it and insert it for us.That should point you all in the right direction, but you can also wait for me (probably be done when I am not so busy, or during my breaks) to release the newer Notice BBCode which I'll drop here too.Cheers,MC

Oh fantastic!!I thought I would be asking too much of your time ;) That's some good news!I came back to share that using Firefox and Greasemonkey extension I think I might have found a workaround solution but modified NOTICE tag itself will do perfectly!Thanks MC!!PS, upon looking at the cookies I only find member_id which only shows my Member Number 10,610. Somehow I believe you know how to associate this information with my forum name?

Cannot Get Comedy Central Working on IPB

Custom BBCode

There appears to custom bbcode embed problem with comedy central. The Video works fine until I hit reply. I then get a message that the video is not longer available.

-Luke Wilbur

Dcmessageboards.Com