xisto Community
developer.cool

NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus Best Antivirus

I'd go for Kaspersky anyday. After being loyal over 3 years to norton, i am using kaspersky for the past year now, and its way consistent. Fast startup, different scan options plus if you get the internet security edition you get antivirus with it just as powerful as it would be standalone.Updates are like everyday, and its annoying at times when u leave ur pc switched of for a day because the next day it pops up a message saying that, your definitions are old lol. but atleast it keeps you on your toes to keep updating the AV. Plus where all the antivirus are having problems trying to run on the 64bit version of vista, kaspersky just runs smooth. No problems so far, and a very tight watch over what goes in and what goes out through my internet connection.I would suggest you guys give it a try, its worth the time.RegardsDhanesh.

NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus - Best Antivirus

NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus

I have been a NOD32 user for years but with my new Vista setup I had to switch to KAV.

Firstly you cannot use any independent firewall with NOD32 v3. In NOD32 v2.7 the IMON module used a WINSOCK implementation to monitor web traffic. In v3 NOD now uses a local proxy through port 30606. After installing NOD32 v3 your firewall will ask you for each program accessing the web if you want to allow it to access port 30606. If you say yes in order to permit internet access then all the other rules you have set for that app are useless as it is communicating through NOD32 (ekrn.Exe). You can set firewall rules for ekrn.Exe but they apply to every program using the proxy. The only option that allows your firewall to keep functioning properly is to disable Web and Email monitoring in NOD32.

Second issue was with the Advanced Heuristics. On web access and file access they were causing a CPU utilization spike to 100% and overall CPU utilization was up alot also. ESET Tech Support could only say that there was a performance hit for using Heuristics and that it could be turned off.

I'm running an Athlon 64 3700 with 2Gb RAM so this one surprised me a bit. I've read other users complaining about the same thing but perhaps this is a specific hardware issue.

After all that I got KAV v7 and it worked right out of the box. NOD32 is way faster but at least KAV worked without shutting half of it off.

If you are planning on getting an integrated AV/Firewall suite then I would still recommend NOD32. Otherwise beware of the firewall issues and download the trial just to be sure.

-krag

NOD32 IS BEST OF ALL

NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus

IT'S THE BEST, MAXIMUM NO. OF AWARDS, IT TAKES AWAY ROOTKIT'S, SPYWARE, MALWARE, ANNOYING SOFTWARES. CAN GET YOUR SYSTEM TO NORMAL FROM THE WORST CASES, EVEN IF your MACHINE HAS SLOWED DOWN. IF YOUR MACHINE IS AFFECTED BADLY, JUST ANY HOW TRY TO PUT NOD32 TO GET ALL BU*****T OUT OF your PC, ON THE NEXT BOOT. IT'S THE BEST. I CAN'T SEE ANY OTHER ANTI-VIRUS.

-TR20XX

I can second on the nod32 is still the best.. Though i upgrade to v3 awhile back and its causing some system slow down.. It might be clashing with my other software but then i switch back to v2. Still all in all very happy with my v2. Its super light on my system and its detection by far the best.

Ive been using kaspersky for almost 2 years.....my friend intoduced it with me......but when my liscence key expired or shall we say blocklisted(hahahah)i switched to NOD32....i think its quite good.....i strongly agree that it cost a little of process...im starting to like it.....but if ever i can find working kaspersky keys ill say ill use kaspersky again....."FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS" :):P

Edited by karlonator (see edit history)

but if ever i can find working kaspersky keys ill say ill use kaspersky again.....
"FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS" :):P

Of course, when you say "find working kaspersky keys" you mean "find some money in order to buy a kaspersky licence".
This is the only way you can talk about here at Xisto.
Regards
Yordan

Ive been using kaspersky for almost 2 years.....my friend intoduced it with me......

but when my liscence key expired or shall we say blocklisted(hahahah)
i switched to norton....
i think its quite good.....
i strongly agree that it cost a little of process...
im starting to like it.....
but if ever i can find working kaspersky keys
ill say ill use kaspersky again.....
"FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS" :):P

you can have keys without spending money to it.......there are underground site that feed you cracked softwares and key...
but if youre lucky enough you can have the full working key......

you can have keys without spending money to it.......there are underground site that feed you cracked softwares and key...but if youre lucky enough you can have the full working key......

That's exactly what is forbidden here. Here, at Xisto, we help people using legit freeware softs, like Linux OpenSource things. Stealing commercial softs is forbidden by law in most of modern countries, and explaining people how to do this is forbidden by Xisto forum rules. :)
By the way, topics talking about these forbidden things will be simply removed, and people having answered such illegal posts will experience hosting credits losses, so also take care when replying to such provocative posts. :P

ESET NOD32 Version 4NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus

I am running my own IT consulting company.  I have tried just about every single antivirus product available.  Some good, others just not worth the effort, time or price.  ESET NOD32 is BY FAR the best in my opinion.  I love its layout, its great detection rate and best of all... It's low use of resources.  Not everyone can afford to keep up with the latest top range computers.  If you are using an older pc, even if its runnng fine, just install an antivirus program and it just about comes to a halt!  Not with NOD32.  The difference in speed (which most customers don't even pick up on) is minute!  Yes, Bit Defender has always been a great program but then you need enough RAM and a decent processor.  NOD32 works on Win 95 right through to Windows 7.  If  ESET had ever to launch a freeware version, I'm afraid it would be the end of the popular AVG Free and AVAST Free...

ESET also have a very good all-in-1 seurity suite.  ESET Smart Security.  Same great antivirus ans antispyware with and added Firewall and Spam filter.  The firewall can be a tiny bit tricky for some users, but the default setting should do the trick 98% of the time.  Give these products a try - you will be surprised at the results. Regards all...

-reply by Paul

Anti-virus?NOD32 Is The Best Antivirus

You guys worried about anti-virus? System performance? Ever thought about switching to the Linux world? :) I took the plunge and absolutely love it! No virus/anti-virus/system performance headaches. Cheers!

-reply by The *nix guy

really depends on usage, and preference... some may consider one better than the other, but the truth is most of these AVs are great... i've never used NOD32, i would recommend for a standard pc user at home to use AVAST Home Edition, (or AVG)

@manuleka: AVG is good antivirus for home uses. but its a heavy load AV, Need more memory to install AVG. In my friend computer only 512'MB RAM is installed & can't able to use AVG, because computer is very slow. means if i don't have more then 2GB RAM installed then Avast is best.

2nd reason is too irritating for us, we can't install comodo firewall with AVG, computer may hang after installing.