xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bash18

Have You Heard Of The Blue-ray

Blue ray is an awesome technology. It just keeps getting better. I think they will truly get away from the DVD/CD stuff and everything just be put onto flash cards. But they defintely need to get MUCH MUCH faster to be better.

The only real problem with going to flash cards or any type of memory stick is that they are "volitile memory", for those that don't know what I mean by that; volitile memory requires some sort of powersupply to maintain it. So that being said, you have to keep plugging the card or USB memory stick into a drive from time to time to keep it charged. Also they are easily erased by walking through a EM feild.I doubt that we will ever really get away from a hard memory system like a DVD of some sort. They might get to be very, very small but I don't think we will ever get to a point where we can fully trust volitial memory as our mainstay for long term memory.As for the speed at which we write the new Blu-Ray disks, the only real problem with getting faster write speeds is the speed at which the laser can reliably write to the disk as well as the reliability of the delivery of information to the drive itself. With the advent of SATA and the SATA2 standard I think we will see the write speed of the Blu-Ray drives reach 2x and 4x before 2 years has gone by.

Hey, don't tell anyoBy i said this, but a certain sOund company (that makeS very nice speakers) is resEarching blueray, and will possibly put it into a product soon to come. But don't get me wrong, i am not sure entirely, but i do know this from a trustable resource.

All the figures I've seen for the HD-DVD states around 18GB per disc, not the current 9. I know when customer's ask us, we tell them we're waiting until someone comes out ahead. Still I've not heard anything about which format Vivid or anyone else in the adult film business has chosen. Ultimately, they are the ones that decide which format will triumph, not the PS3 or Xbox crowd. Kinda surprising isn't it? Heck we get a subscription to an adult movie production magazine because they are the ones working with the latest and greatest CODEC's first. Funny how the world works somtime...

Hey, don't tell anyoBy i said this, but a certain sOund company (that makeS very nice speakers) is resEarching blueray, and will possibly put it into a product soon to come. But don't get me wrong, i am not sure entirely, but i do know this from a trustable resource.

1064336267[/snapback]

WHat product of this company would be 25/50Gigs .. rather if they give away free blu-ray movie disks with its home theater systems it would make sense :) .. but again, copyright issues are there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just for the info :

Blue-Ray disk drives that READ: CD/DVD+-/Blue-ray and WRITE: Blue-ray would be out by the mid of FEB ...

B-R Drives that READ: CD/DVD+-/Blue-ray and WRITE: CD/DVD+-/Blue-ray would be out somewhere between MAY - AUG.

Now thats quick but rest assured these drives rnt going to be cheap.

Regards

Dhanesh.

They're supposed to hold around 25 GB per disc, but I think for a year or so at least it'll be cost-prohibitive for most people to even think of switching. Maybe later down the road once Windows Vista has got a solid foothold, then Microsoft and partners will probably think about subsidizing blu-ray or something like that, so that they can help pull off the switchover sooner rather than later. that would be their end goal, if only for copy-protection and related issues, as well as HD content. But with a simple internal burner going for roughly $1000, and a bly-ray dvd player for your living room at slightly under $2000, it'll be a tough act to pull off right away.

I can see ISO images worth 25/50 Gigs beings d'loaded over broadband, i already get a little anxious while d'loadin Linux images of 2GB (4CDs) .. Well atleast i can see a future for the internet when we would have 10/20MB lines :P .. ohh and not to mention M$ vienna as a 50 Gig Blue-ray disk for installation :) .. ok .. thats it ..RegardsDhanesh ..

With these disks comming out, everyone will have to have TB' hard drives. Thats insane, when i though dual layer disks were the top dog, blue-ray comes out with loads of space. Interesting, i can't wait to see an internal blue ray burner forsale in my computer shop. The price will be intense, so i'll just wait till the burner speeds get higher and the price will get lower. At least thats what i hope =)

The discs are similar to one DVD having a single, dual or quad layer (4 layers) making possible one single disc reach 160Gb as showed by TDK in one tecnology convention. Some recordes will be capable to record and play one disc at same time. (Why this is necessary? I don't know!) and Sony launch the first movie "Charles Angel 2: full throttle" which have one hi-definition resolution (1920x1080, I guess), more better that a DVD. But exists one new format on development, it are called as holographic DVD and can hold up to 1,6 Terabytes or more than 1638 Gb, this is big enough or not! :)