xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Boast About The Collector's Spirit In You

Hey guys,

????[/tab]hulunes from Xisto had started a similar topic out there - on boasting your collectibles.. I found it quite an interesting thread and thought of starting one here too. This will serve as a good introductory thread for newbies to get to know the hobbies of other members and tell us about their own as well.

[tab]If you have that collector's spirit in you and have built up a decent collection of anything under the sun and the moon, feel free to share your story with us :D

Here's what I collect / used to collect:

Stamps

Coins & also Currency Notes

Antique Software

Telephone Cards from different countries

Small statuettes of Lord Ganesha (the elephant headed Hindu God) - I got well over 300 different statuettes of Him.

Had a sizable collection of butterflies & moths, but gave up a few years back as it was getting incresingly difficult to maintain in absence of spare time.

A massive collection of Psychedelic & Goa Trance tracks (MP3s) spanning well over 40GB at this moment - all tracks being at least 160KBps encoded - and ever increasing.

That's all I can recall at this moment - I've always been into collecting stuff (since childhood) and am sure there are more weird collections lurking around in every nook and corner of my home.

WHAT'S YOURS ?

Regards,

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG :D

I used to collect the generic stuff, baseball/hockey cards and the like. I collected coins for a short while but never got too into it... I dunno I think I enjoy seeing different things but not that interested in holding onto them. I more like exploring into different collectibles' realms but not actually caring if I own them or just get to see them for a short time. (that came out weird, but I am not awake enough yet to reword it better haha)

I collect:wallpapers (only good ones)design concepts (like in pdf documents)all stuff related to graphic design: fonts, pictures, icons, logos, and similar...and some other things related to computes.. but these are main..

Stamps for me. I've been collecting stamps since the eighth grade. If I see an envelope lying on the street, I instinctively reach for it to see if it has any stamp that I don't have in my collection. I'm just crazy about it B).

I used to collect stamps, but I gave up that, now I can say that I am collecting music. I have been doing it for about 2 years and currently I have 10GB of 128kbps mp3s.

Star Wars novels. Yup. I collect Star Wars novels. I plan to have the full Star Wars timeline on my bookshelf. I already spent more than 2000 bucks on them. ><

I collect:

minerals

typefaces

hats

match books/boxes

Interesting: paper clippings/illustrations/advertisements/drawings/photos/ and other things that I find interesting. I keep them in a box and go look through them when I need some inspiration, a laugh, etc.

art supplies

electronic/mechanical parts (I make new things with parts that I strip from old broken objects)

hey people... i never really collected many things, but one thing i do collect is hockey cards... i've sort of slowed down, because aa lot of the places in my hometown that sells them closed down... oh well ^_^ ... anyway, all the best in your collecting.- inbetween

Stones, confiers, cacti, comic posters (Simpsons have a pull out A3 version of the cover).Your trance stuff sounds intresting, do you have any youtube or similar links?