xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Plz Rate My New Site

i have been hosted by Xisto for almost a year now...and have been trying to get my ftp server up and running and finally the other day we got it...i cancled my hosting and i now am hosting my own site :D for free...maybe a little slow...but cable...so not bad....and i decided to redesign my site completly as well...and id like for you guys to rate it...although i dont really have much done yet...no buttons and stuff...but i will add them...as soon as i can come up with an idea that will match the theme (any ideas ? :D)

anyways...heres the link Original Design Website

thanks a lot...

WTF - rofl.. all I got is a blank grey background with a Site Under Construction running horizontally across the middle of the page. The only other thing was a link to your sigs.. so that's ur original design ?? hahaha.. nice joke :D j/k

ebbinger, the site is not a little slow; it's too insanely slow. I have a 1Mb DSL connection, and your site took more than 20 seconds to load, even though it contains only one graphic. Alright, it is a nice graphic actually, but still what do you want us to give our opinion about???

And miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG, I suppose you didn't get to see graphic, right? Believe me, I don't know what I was waiting for during those 20 seconds. I think I started wondering about my long lost cousin.

Anyway, ebbinger, please think again about hosting your Website by yourself. Remember, net surfers today expect the highest quality with the highest speed; and the fraustrating thing is that they want them BOTH at the same time. Let us know when you add some content to your site, and I promise I'll give a better review. Good luck. :D

Khymnon is right and I have 2Mb DSL and that site was insanely slow to load. Definitely not good, I wouldn't even wait round for this site unfortunately, sorry ebbinger.

Not only that, the operation timed out, maybe you're using up too much bandwidth for other things to allow people onto your site. Now you can see why Xisto is somewhat better than hosting it yourself.

You'll also need to check with your ISP's TOS to see whether you're actually allowed to host your own sites, a lot of ISP's do not allow such things, and would hate to see you violating this.

Cheers,

MC

Oooh poor ebbinger - I feel sorry for him. All he's got is a blast from everyone :D But dude, seriously, you need to cut down on the graphics or split it up into several smaller graphics, which can load faster individually. Simply arrange them in a table format so they add up to form your bigger picture. That way the load time will be less as it won't be loading ONE HUGE PIC.

Oh come, m^e, I didn't blast him :-).Actually, about the table suggestion, it might help by giving visitors a sense that something is actually loading, but it wouldn't make much difference otherwise. The graphic in its entirety is onlyaround 2.5KB. It's already small enough to load instantly on a dial-up connection. So again, my advice to you, ebbinger, is to either think about upgrading your cable connection or go back to outsourcing your hosting. Good luck either way. :-)Oooooooh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I take my last comment back.I didn't notice the page was a redirect. So my estimate of the graphic is most probably wrong.Would a moderator join the two posts and substract the points accordingly?! Sorry for the inconvenience.

sum of you cant see site because i shut the server down....and there is only 4 pics in the template...1 big one so yeah...everyone i had lookin at it before had no problem (then again it might be because we are bogging down the connection on our end...and you guys are getting slow upload rates...cause currently i believe the dlserver we have on the same connection is downloading suse 10 iso's...but that should be done soon...and i have to have a second connection from charter sent yet too...(cable internet - no sucky dsl) and yeah...i have to finish some of the stuff yet...like buttons and the right side of the table is just a 1 pix line...

I like the graphics I'm seeing but like everyone said, and you admitted to, your upload speed is seriously hampered. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your site when you get more bandwidth available. Till then...

Graphics look really neat but I have the same complaint as everyone else: site loaded painfully slow. And I'm on a 5.5M / 10M connection (802.11b WLAN, tends to switch between those speeds)