xisto Community
dafinest_520

How Do U Upload Music? hosting

What do you mean? Upload music to own site or another one's site. For my site, I use FileZilla to upload via FTP. And for some file hosting, I upload via browser.

I think the origonal post want a host to upload music to, kind of like a peer to peer, but I could be wrong, The answer is that you can not really upload an audio file but you could point to one with an http link.

how do u upload music!? :D

1064334988[/snapback]

Plz Explain..

if u want to host files, use ftp... http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (a free web based ftp client), you dont need to install files on ur computer...

If you want to share, use: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, /legacy....

im not sure what u want, plz cleaify,

+ forgive me if my english is poor... im tryin my best...

thanks

bash18

Disregard my first post concerning uploading 'music' you can upload any file type to your server. This is one of the reasons that the mp3 files are so popular, being that they are compressed audio files but converted to the mp3 format to save space while still giving reasonable quality.

You will have to have a means of letting others access your file like in this post Audio post with midi. This was uploaded from my home PC to my website, this is because I allowed for files of the .mid type as well as .mp3 to be uploaded within my program, but with certain limitations, such as file size, number of attachments etc.

I am not sure if Midis are allowed to be uploaded here on Xisto but it might be.

An audio or 'music' file probably will be the .mp3 format and can be uploaded but there are many considerations when you want others to hear your upload, the main one being that there are copyright laws, so don't upload a major hit song to your server or you will be subject to prosecution with fines and possibly jail time.

how can i upload my own songs in the web?

How Do U Upload Music?

I'm a young composer who wants to upload my music so that someone will look forward in listening unto my song.

-jean

how can i upload my own songs in the web?

How Do U Upload Music?

I'm a young composer who wants to upload my music so that someone will look forward in listening unto my song.

-jean

OK, jean and Shizukesa, your questions are threefolds.

1) First of all, can you do it here at asta ?

2) Secondly, How to do it ?

3) Third, will this be useful ?

Let's revew each case.

1)OK, first of all, the only legit things concerning music is showing your own music. So, jean and Shizukesa, you are right in the scope, you are allowed to do this at asta.

2) How can I do this ? There are several ways of doing this, mine is not necessarily the best one but it should work. Simply create your website here, explaining who you are and what kind of music you are writing and why and how, your text making that the guy visiting your site wants to ear your music. then, just as demolaynyc says, upload your music to a free file hosting site, and put the link in your website, so your visitors will simply have to click on it in order to get yourfile.

3) Will this be helpful ? This we cannot really know. Why are some sites very popular and the other not ? This is a great mistery. Simply mail your friends the address of your website, they will mail this to their friends and you will be famous soon, this could work. This did not work with my own site, I have very few visitors. But the visitors coming to visit my site have what I want to give them (namely in my case my family pictures).

In summary, with webpages at Xisto you can give access to your own music, it's legit because you are music makers, you own the copywright of what you made. But this is only the way of giving access, some other factors must make that people come and visit your site.

This is always the same problem : famous people have a lot of visitors in their site, having a website does not make you become famous.

i want to upload music and other files such as free software on my forum

How Do U Upload Music?

I have this forum that me and my friend created we want to upload music and other files such as software and movies but we want to be able to upload it to our server not the host and then put the link in out site for users to retrieve it from there. I was thinking of more like torrent where I can add stuff and the users as well?

Please if anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate this

Thanks in advance!

-reply by malik

Uploading music album for downloadHow Do U Upload Music?

I uploaded a folder with twelve tracks to my server for the purpose of downloading.  the download link on my webpage for all the tracks to be downloaded at one time? can this happen? or do I have to have a seperate download link for each track?

Please respond early

uploading my own songs on utubeHow Do U Upload Music?

hi I'm a singer/songwriter and want to upload my work on utube or some where where people can see me playing the songs, which is the best way and how do I do this? 

-question by hammy