xisto Community
bttfpromo

My firefox keeps jumping up and down....

It sounds related to the mouse, unplug the mouse and tell us if it continues. If it doesnt continue then it is a mouse driver/hardware issue, try scrolling the wheel forcefully and fast (not to break it) and see if that resets it to normal operation. also try updating firefox go to "Help" then click "Check for updates" install any and all updates you are presented with.If that doesnt help try another mouse. If the problem persists install "YAST" (look on the firefox plugin page) it is a scrolling addon for firefox that smooths out the scroll. perhaps taking scroll control and piping it through the YAST addon will solve it.IF you still have the problem uninstall all addons so the "addons" page is empty, uninstall or disable any software that is involve with your mouse (except the basic drivers) so if you have a gaming type mouse with extra buttons find the disc of drivers, then uninstall those drivers for the mouse, unplug the mouse and put it back in and your operating system will automatically install BASIC drivers for the mouse. If the problem is now gone then it means the drivers for your mouse are causing the issue, search the internet for a recent version of the driver and try again. If you only have a standard mouse then you wont be able to uninstall the drivers. (To uninistall special mouse drivers that came on a disk just whack the disk in the tray and when it loads it should give you an option to uninstall.)Good luck!

Jumping up and downMy firefox keeps jumping up and down....

I had a similar problem where the flash boxes within windows would jump sideways and back again repeatedly. I discovered that re-arranging my toolbars stopped this happening. I don't know why this is so, though I should say that my screen is very small so I tried to condense them, and used the Ctrl+F11 shortcut to switch from one to another.

Hope this is helpful, 

Ash

I use firefox browser and I have the same problem with the youtube page jumping back to the top when I am trying to scroll down to search for videos of interest. My screen does not do this with any other website; just Youtube's site. I would love to know how I can fix this problem because I am getting so annoyed with it that I am about to stop using Youtube altogether. I am sure there are other video sites similar to youtube's site that will work properly.

i have figured it out it is the mouse...i have purchased a very cheap mouse and when the mouse was disconnected i had no more problems... very weird problem :/

Do you mean to say that a cheap computer mouse caused the scrolling? Or do you mean something like the KDE interface where Firefox will hop up and down when you click on it while it is loading? Or do you perhaps mean that the cursor (the mouse pointer) was moving up and down? The problem is commonly associated with optical computer mice when used on highly reflective surfaces. When you try to use an optical computer mouse on a glass tabletop, you would have a really hard time and if you have a mirror, you would probably not be able to use the mouse at all. Considering how computer mice with trackballs are no longer out there for the most part, I am assuming that you have an optical mouse and not a traditional trackball-based mouse. If you try placing a A4 sized piece of white paper on the surface of the table, you may be able to get the computer mouse working as you want it to, rather than as it wants to :-) Give it a try and post your observations to this forum thread so we know what the underlying problem was and why the cheap computer mouse caused the erratic behavior.

Hello friends,If your Firefox window shakes, bounces, or jumps up and down erratically, you ​can ​try ​the ​foll​owin​g acti​ons ​to addr​ess ​the ​problem. Google is my home page for searching the web, though I also have Bing on the toolbar. Since upgrading to the latest version of Firefox (11.0) when I do a search and get a page of results they jump up and down on the page. This does not happen with Bing.Sincerely and best regardsVicky Milza

it really sucks,how do i fix it?

Raise the monitor 2-3 feet and do the same for the keyboardYou should now be standing with the monitor at head height.
Now jump up and down to synchronise with the monitor...needs a bit of practice...

Never had such a problem (duhh there isn't a bug i haven't experienced :D i am a developer and i do everything with my hardware and software :) every time i see a bug report / list i always see all the problems i had )