xisto Community
LikMeBalleFM

Computer Won't Boot - I Need Some Help I need some help fixing my pc

Hey all,

I`ll come str8 to the point.

I need help finding out what`s wrong whit my computer.

My problem is this two days ago I walked pass my computer case and accidentely hit my bluethoot USB stick that was pluged into my computer.At that moment my computer shut down,I tried to boot immediately and no it didn`t boot.

When I hit my power switch ,my cpu(Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz) fan starts turning like usual the HD`s do switch on too but nothing else happends.

The monitor doesn`t switch on after listening closely i found out the HD`s weren`t beeing read neither.Now my question is what can be the cause of this?

Is my cpu broken or my BIOS or motherboard or could it be the RAM? I have no idea.As broke as I am at this moment I can`t afford to take my pc to get fixed so basicly I`ll have to find out what`s broken and try to fix it myself.

Can someone please help me out please please please?

If you need additional info just reply.

ThnX

El

-----Please use a more descriptive title for your topic. Changed from "Need A Little Help Over Here Please!" to "Computer Won't Boot"-----szupie, Jan 3, 2006.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Is your USB built into the motherboard, elforeal? If so, and if the hit was strong enough, it might have done many things. Try these steps sequentially ...1. Open the case, and check for any fractures in the motherboard, and naturally focus around the USB area. If not, phew, one down.2. When a monitor won't switch on, it's usually either the RAM or the VGA card got disconnected. Try fixing them in place. The best way to do it is to take them out and push them in again.3. What do you mean your HDs don't get read? Do you mean you can hear the cylinders inside rolling, but don't hear that "tick" sound they make shortly after you turn your computer on? Sometimes, this happens when the RAM or the VGA aren't connected.Try these, and let me know what happens, ok? I hope I helped.

I assume you removed the bluetooth adaptor completely, or that it fell off (ie it didn't break in two, leaving the USB plug still plugged into it).

Does the motherboard come with any onboard diagnostics (modern ones from Abit & Asus etc come with a nice LED that reads out error codes, so you can then look those up in the manual). Usually the error codes aren't of much detail, but they at least tell you where in the boot process it gets to (I had some boot problems & thought it was the board (having just removed/reinstalled it to add some fans), but then looked at the board codes as they went through the sequence & it stopped at the RAM check ... it was incompatible RAM!).

3.  What do you mean your HDs don't get read?  Do you mean you can hear the cylinders inside rolling, but don't hear that "tick" sound they make shortly after you turn your computer on?  Sometimes, this happens when the RAM or the VGA aren't connected.

1064334704[/snapback]

I'm guessing he means he doesn't see his HDD read/write LED turn on.

It sounds like the hdd may have been knocked loose. Be careful when opening it, making sure no little springs jump out and get lost in the process and make sure everthing is secured properly.I have a spam warning for short posts, is this answer long enough?

I don't think it would be the RAM in this case. What it sounds like when you hit the USB it probaly fractured part of the mainboard or do what khymnon said to do and check if you nocked the VGA out. I don't belive anything else could be the problem. Try getting another mobo if nothing works. And maybe CPU since, after a crash by doing somthing like that you are sopposed to look at the hardware and make sure that all of it is in good condition, and not broke otherwise you could short circut things.

It might sound strange, but the bro of a friend of me once tripped over the USB printer cable, ripping out the plastic thing in the USB port. Check if it's still there and make shure that the 4 pins aren't shorting.About the HDD, don't worry too much atm, most hdd won't spinup until they get a signal that they should, so atm, you mobo is prolly acting dead ...But uhm, was it connected to an onboard USB connecter, 'cauz it's pretty hard to hit the BTdongle overthere.