xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Wishing You All A Very Very Happy New Year

Dear Members,

[tab][/tab]This goes out -

Wishing all of You a VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR (2006) ahead

Have a wonderful time folks and may the new year bring unending joy and prosperity at your doorsteps. :D

Best Regards,

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

On behalf of the Xisto Team.

Since you guys were adding it in your own language too.. here's in the languages I know and use regularly:

Bengali - Shubho Nababorsho

Hindi - Nav Varsh Kee SubhKaamnayen

Thai - Sawatdee Pimai

I'm a little late in the day, but here comes the Yorkshire version:Appy New YeaSee what I did? :DAnyway, I thought the Chinese new year wasn't until later on in the year.

Well! I know only two languages so I'll be writing my wishes in both of them :DHappy new year to all of you! I hope that this year or further coming years bring happiness and prosperity in our lives.here's the hindi version :AAP SABKO NAYE SAAL KI SHUBHKAMNAYE! MAIN KAAMNA KARTA HOON I YEH AUR AANE WAALE SAAL HUM SABKI ZINDAGI MAIN KHUSHIYAAN LAAYE! :DI know it is bit difficult...but lets hope that few of you will be able to understand.

wishing all of you a happy new year!English : Happy New Year!Chinese : 新年快乐!(zin nain kui le[not pin in(pinyin)])Thai : สวัสดีปีใหม่!(Sawatdee Peemai)

Persian: Sale Noe Mobarak ! :D

1064334650[/snapback]

That sounds uncannily close to hindi - but then it's Persian tongue... and we do have a lot of Parsian derived words in use in almost all the indian languages.

Infact it sounds more like a combination of Hindi and Urdu. Here's how:

Sale (Persian) = Saal (Hindi) = Year

Noe (Persian) = Naye (Hindi) = New

Mobarak = Subhkaamnayen (Hindi) / Mubarak (Urdu) = Greetings / Well-Wishing

This tells me, we could come up with certain threads like this - just pick up a greeting or some well-known phrase and try to find the same in all the world languages. The word usage can show us lot of interesting facts and relations between the various world lingo. Think about it :D

Hello everyone and have a Happy new 2006 Year :DI know it is a bit to late, but because I wasn't able to post earlier, it is better later than never ;) I had some nice time :Din Lithuanian: Laimingu Naujuju Metu (Laimingų Naujųjų Metų)I know how to say it in Russian too, but don't know how to write it, but here it is: (Snovim Godam)

This is Korean (yes, I am Korean)새해복 많이 많이 받으세요~항상 행복하게 사세요!! :DIt means "Bless you and live happily" but it's the same meaning as "Happy New Year"But anyway, happy new year everyone. Hope you guys become new people, even better people!