xisto Community
GNR-D

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

What do you prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Houdini, I'm sorry, but that is ignorant and close-minded of you. I may even go as far as calling it really stupid. There are some really introspective and awefuly smart rap lyrics. And besides... look at the lyrics of bands like Unwritten Law! They're really good on the music side, but the lyrics look as if they've been written by a post-rape 12 year old girl!

In ten years give your attitude of NOISE (also referred to as Rap, which rhmes with something that belongs in the toilet)

Elvis, the Beatles, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, and even the Beach Boys will still be selling songs long after the Rap fad is over.

They both are awesome!! I like them both equally. What kinds of rock and rap? For rock, I like modern rock, hard rock, metal, grunge, and some clasic rock. For rap, I like mainstream rap, southern rap, east coast rap and rap combined with a metal soundbut sumtimes ROck Rocks :D Guns n Roses ohh man, no match at all :unsure: i still miss them

I'd have to say I prefer rock, there seems to be more variety as to what they're singing about... most rap I've heard seems to just be a bunch of guys telling about all these girls they did, or that want them, or that they're doing, or something about money and sex. Also, they use a TON of slang that even I don't understand, and I'm 17. :unsure:Rock isn't all good either, like all genres of music, there's the good and the bad. I honestly don't know much about the big name bands like Led Zeppelin and such, in fact I don't really know that many bands from any genre of music. If I hear a song, and like it, I'll add it to my collection, but I have to LOVE the song to go and check out the other songs from that artist. When people ask me what music I like, I usually say rock, but it's hard because they always ask me after that if I like so-and-so, and for the most part I have no idea what that group sings. :DI even like a couple of rap songs, because the lyrics are actually GOOD and the beat is good too... but for the most part, I think I like more rock songs than I do rap.

I don't really like any of them that much but I hate RnB and RAP with a passion. Waste of time, money and words as far as I am concerned.Some weird people like it so much they think their black.... weird weird people :|

I personally don't like rap. I like rock way better. But most of the music I listen to are indie.

This is probably a somewhat biased question to ask here. I don't see a lot of rap-music loving people on sites like these, concerning about webhosting and such. I'm not trying to make a general conclusion here, but there's no arguing that most of us listen to rock, metal, industrial, etc...
Because I personally kinda, sorta, loathe rap. Especially the ideals that some types of rap stand for. Calling women hoes, starting and ending every chorus with the sound of a 9 millimeter, talking about streetlife and "balling"... Bah.
Not my thing at all.

Rock is the best Rap is bad because there is no point to it.I like about every Genrea in Rock like Metal,Alternitive Punk,Grunge,Post Hardcore,Classic Rock and Rock/pop I love Rock and it is something that will last along time and its just amazing music.-James Yorizzo

Well personally, I think that there's a fair amount of love for both genres. I personally prefer rock/metal (being a guitarist). I don't hate rap in general, just what it's become. I'm more for old school/underground rap with meaning. mainstream rap has become too alike. it lacks fresh ideas and has become really low musically (in my opinion anyway). Some rap, though, is really cool and it's unfortunate that mainstream rap has given the genre such a negative connotation for many people. it's also unfortunate that most people don't hear some of the really good rock/metal because most of the really good bands happen not to prefer too wide of an exposure like mtv/radio (dream theater, symphony x, etc.). In fact, mainstream rock (fall out boy, my chemical romance, etc.) has also become really low musically (again, only in my opinion)... and that's where I stand on the rock/rap issue. it's good to be open-minded.

I am a rocker; but I don't actually HATE rap, because one can understand those mis fortunate people; but I HATE HATE HATE rappers that sing they are gangster and sex symbols.P.S. I can't stand pop and R'N'b, -George

I've read your opinions on rock/indie/punk/metal and rap and I think that besides rap all those musical genders are equal since the come from the very same musical gender (but that is my opinion; no offence) just don't argue about it, were all rockers; and as for rap, as I've said only some rappers deserve being listened (Eminem) while others (50 Cent; Timathi(rusian rapper)) are just a group of "gangstas" who don't know anything else. As I've said earlier I'm a rocker and I listen to ALL types of rock (metal; classic; EMO; gothic; rock 'and' roll; indie), and since I'm yet 15 (you know how people get talkative about music at this age) you should just see the table I'm sitting at at English, it's written fully about rock, rap, pop, house, just horrible! It is as that guitarist person said: "mainstream rap has become too alike. It lacks fresh ideas and has become really low musically" (and I agree) so I myself fill it in with arguments on this term, too bad my friend is more fond of rap and writes about it too. Rock On!

Rock a music of meaning and has great lyrics. It takes talent in order to play the guitar or drums. To come up with the lyrics takes talent. Rap a music in which every song is about the same thing almost. No real instruments and when writing a rap song you make up a song about being gangster. So make the comparison. Many think that rock is just screaming. Well thats only death metal. Rap takes little talent to just rhyme about bein gangster. Rock songs take time to think up. Also it takes years to master the guitar. Rock also has different beats compared to rap which is has the same beat in each song. Some say rock is emo kids. Emo kids are not in even the big part of the rock music genre. In rap every song has similar lyrics about the same exact thing. THat is why rock is better!

rock vs. rap

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

Uhh... Rock by far is better. They sing about life and what truly matters. Like TOOL or A perfect circle. Rap is like sex and getting wasted...Those are nice too but not all the time. Rock is a rebellious state of mind. It puts you out there in front of the rest and you follow on the style of rock. (Meaning dress different). Rock is helpful for some one with problems like family, friends, relationships etc. OR if you are just an out cast with depression or whatever it just puts you on top. Yes its angry music but music is what you make it. I make rock exciting! fun. Just jam out with your friends, maybe smoke a bowl who knows. But it is really great to enjoy. Rap is just noise and the guys sing so high like girls it gives me a headache. Plus they repeat over and over again... That gets old. But rock can go on with a fifteen min song with what is real. But yea thats how it is in my world.

-cynthia