xisto Community
GNR-D

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

What do you prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I for one prefer rockthey make sence!!!!rap is just about a couple of b*******talking about there s***** lifes, saying they are gangsta and they are the only onese etc but rock is about soul and a couple of wicked dudes yelling down the mic of various topics but rap is all about the same thing, girls and guns

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Mind your language while you're here. Cursing & usage of vulgar language is strictly prohibited on this board.
Edited by twitch (see edit history)

Aight, rap or rock .. both have their fans. I like rock actually punk to be precise .. but hell .. i am listening to will smith - switch :huh: lol .. it dosent matter as long as the tunes, beats and lyrics are sensible atleast if not the lyrics the music should be good.RegardsDhanesh.

I listen to a little (or a lot) of just about everything, rap and rock included. I even like some of the rap/rock type stuff when I'm in the mood for that type of music.Right now I'm actually into Green Day's "American Idiot" CD, as well as Ani DiFranco (as always - my favorite) and some Christian rock (various stuff).But when I'm in the mood for rap, I'll play Eminem, Ludacris, 50 Cent (his first commercial album - "The Massacre" sort of sucks), and that sort of stuff. Nothing that takes itself too seriously.

Right now I'm actually into Green Day's "American Idiot" CD

1064336140[/snapback]

Ahhh Green Day :D .. which tracks do u like in american idiot ? i personally love ..

- American Idiot

- Holiday

- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

- Letterbomb

LOL .. i just like every track in there .. but these are a few of my favourites.

Guess most of you already know .. but i came across this band .. Bowling For Soup, Kinda like the songs .. I heard them in a movie soundtrack (Dirty Deeds) and thought i'd give them a listen .. they turned out to be pretty good .. any one liking punk rock should give this a try :D

Regards

Dhanesh.

I prefer good music. I think the rap vs. rock is just so much *BLEEP*. So many "rockers" hate rap music because of 50 cent, eminem....etc. (and their likes).And some "rappers" hate rock music becaue of fall out boy, nickelback..... etcSo I think we should just stop putting music (among other things in labels).Unnsteinn

I like both about equally, depends on my mood at the time. I get into grooves where I'll max out on one or the other but I never stop liking either. There is alot of really horrible rock out there to counter all the really horrible rap out there. It seems usually people compare the best of their preferred genre to some of the worst of the opposing heh. Plus it's too hard to classify most music now, as there is about 100 sub categories of rock, various subcatagories of rap... do you count them all? none? So yea, I like them evenly, a nice 50/50 split. Now I'm going to go listen through the Jay-z/Linkin Park collision course set :lol:

First of all, about Green Day. You seem like the type of people who think that the song "Time of Your Life" is actually called that. No way, it's called "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". :( Anyways, I used to be a real fan back in my totally punk times. I have all their 10 albums, starting with 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and going up to American Idiot. I believe that their first album (the one with the long name mentioned before) is their second best, beaten only by their second album, Kerplunk. These two are really good punk albums, and I have no idea why they didn't get as much exposure as Nimrod did (for example). I mean, yeah, they're not Dookie material (even though I don't like the album that much), but they're actually quite good. You guys should download some of these songs: At The Library, I Was There, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, Disappearing Boy, and 2000 Light Years Away - all from the two first Green Day albums. And yes, I won't deny it that American Idiot is quite nice, but I just prefer the albums that preceded it.

Now about the rock/rap debate. I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time listening to rap. I mean, I might have just not found decent rap yet (really not interested in bling-bling rap and stuff), because I generally listen to a lot of things. On the other hand though, I can't really stand Led Zeppelin... and I know this might be a great "offense" to some people (or at least people I know - but it's all done with humour :(), but they're too much of "straight" rock-'n-roll for me. My main listening styles are sort of post-punk, a bit of pop-punk, and all genres of progressive. I listen to some other stuff that I can't classify aswell. In terms of bands, it means things like Alkaline Trio, Coldplay, Dream Theater, Alter Bridge, Fall Out Boy, Genesis, Gentle Giant, lostprophets, Muse, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alan Parson's Project, and so on...

So to summarize, I'm not going to choose any of those options. And besides, I really like some kinds of hip-hop. ;)

Firstly, RAP is not a genre of music. It is a style of presenting the words. R&B (rhythm and blues) is what you are complaining about.If you took the time to listen to R&B properly, then you would find that it operates on a level similar to Rock, Punk and Metal. Most songs do, with the exception of upper beats (dance, pop, etc).Personally, the only music I detest to such a degree is Niche and MC, the crap that a lot of chavs listen to. The terms Niche and MC relate to dance music to which the words have been gerbalised (speeded up to a tempo that is migraine inducing). MC includes bigging up the DJ (if that's what you call the scrat-head) and usually starts with some person making a beat with his/her mouth.I do prefer the genre of Metal and Heavy Metal; black sabbath, metallica, korn, iron maiden, etc. Death Metal, such as Cradle of Filth, Misfits, is hard to listen to at first but the content is quite powerful.I also like some classical, rock, r&b, dance and even pop songs. To limit yourself to one genre would be extremely stupid of you. To appreciate other styles makes you better than the next Joe Bloggs and will help you be recognised.

Rap is not music it is noise with some body hollering obscenities and cutting down women, calling women name that are not flattering, talking to a beat of too much loudnees, if louder is better then the more earsplitting the beat is then it is a masterpiece, at least until you can hear anything anymore, but don't worry about that cause if you follow the stuff they portray in this kind of noise then soon you will be dead long before deafness sets in. Guns, rape, sodomy, killing cops, killing in general and all that is not uplofting at all and is basically stupid.