xisto Community
Shooting Star Haven

Get Your Free [dot] Be Domain Name ! yes, free for one (1) year.

I think it's a best for people to buy a domain name, they really are cheap these days, and it's a investment in future :D if you register some catchy domain name, and then sell it later to some big company :D

the site http://www.freebe.be/ created an .be domain for me instantly :D you have to register with them and after that just register the domains you want, though their panel only allows path forwarding and name servers and nothing more. :D

A [dot]be name IS, indeed, Belgian. However, some people use it as something one should be. That works better, in my opinion.

Good example:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Bad example:
quatrux.be

However, I don't like the [dot]be name since it isn't very popular and no one ever uses it professionally nowadays. I currently just bought a shootingstarhaven.com and I couldn't be more happier with it. It's so much better than shootingstarhaven.be. Also, you have:

http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

DOT tk is a Hawaiian-based registrar that goes by the belief that everything on the web should be free. Now I don't really agree with this concept but lets just look past it. This serves an ad-frame, and it's considerably slow. I mean, really slow. The service isn't that decent too.

I registered my domain name with Go Daddy. The price there is quite cheap. They said they included a free website* (apostrophe not added) along with every domain registered. I've had some problems with them (quick blog with ads, service really annoying) but they're not really that bad. I heard their prices are cheap. Bob Parsons, the guy who owns Go Daddy, said his service is $8.95 and Network Solutions is $34.99. That's really cheap, I guess. It's actually $9.20 ($.25 for ICANN). It's been cool with them so far. I'd recommend them over many others.

My point is, just don't use a [dot]be domain name. Get your [dot]com like all the normal people do. It's not that expensive anyway, why not?

I think it's a best for people to buy a domain name, they really are cheap these days, and it's a investment in future B) if you register some catchy domain name, and then sell it later to some big company ;)

I agree with finaldesign, I think people should just pay for regular domain names like .com, .net, and .org They're cheap nowadays. I think in goDaddy they host domain names for only 1.99 a year. Only $2 a year who can't be that cheap and not get one. I myself don't have one yet but I will as soon as I establish a website which may take more than a month which is making me very impatient for I am a lazy guy and I work on my site every other day. I wish I had more time to make it.

I think in goDaddy they host domain names for only 1.99 a year

1.99 a year is not completely true. If you look at their site, it costs $8.95per year. Simply, if you buy a non-domain service, you can add a domain for 1.99 a year.So, I guess your global expenses will be closer to 1 dollar per month, rather than 2 dollars per year.

1.99 a year is not completely true. If you look at their site, it costs $8.95per year. Simply, if you buy a non-domain service, you can add a domain for 1.99 a year.So, I guess your global expenses will be closer to 1 dollar per month, rather than 2 dollars per year.

Yeah sorry I got too lazy to go to the site to see if it was right. But yeah it's $8.95 a year but it's still cheap compared to the other domain hosts. I saw 1.99 as a discount for a purchase of a regular price domain. GoDaddy is still the best way to go for domain hosting. dotBe is not a very common ending for domains. People who want a lot of visitors should get a dotCOM or dotORG or dotNET and other ones that people would recognize.

Looks several people are having problems with the .be . People, forget those two letter domains with exception to .us I think you should just move to short URLS because people would get confused with the .be .nr, .tt, .tk thins because they're uncommon to the unexperienced. ShortURLS and those two letter domains are really close to each other just because the two letter domains are shorter doesn't mean they're easy to remember. If you will go to a short URL you should try CJB.net. It's the most common and people can easily remember it. A lot of people were able to remember my cousin's site and he got a lot of visitors using cjb.net. I myself tried .tk and oother two letter domains and you know how many visitors i got? ..:36:.. but they're all by me.

I suggest you guys use : http://dashworlds.com/ You can make your OWN domain name . Like instead of the usual .com, .net, .org, etc. etc. you can have names like http://www.im.cool/. or something. And it's free for one whole year! They let you cloak or point it to nameservers or something lol. Yeah, you guys should try it. The only bad about it though is that you need to upgrade your browsers in order to view the domains. But other than that, it's all good. :lol: