xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mxweb

I Cant Wait Till Ie7 Comes Out

Internet Explorer 7 is actually Mozilla Firefox on steroids

1064333065[/snapback]

LOL, well put. If IE has to come anywhere close to FireFox , then they better start thinking about customers rather than corporate expansion. :) IE is ment to be for windows and with windows. Integrated with MSN Messenger and Mail and other products .. exclusively made by M$. Hell .. they better make it upto standards of webdesigners, or i guess it wont be late enough when EVERYTHING for browsers says "System Requirements: FireFox Browser (IE MAY work)" :huh:

But even if it gets to the standarts much more than it is now, we will still need to continue making it look as in other browsers for older IE versions, but the screenshots looks a bit funny for me of the IE7 :huh:

I'm just getting pissed off with the differences in display methods between FF and IE. I'm not even going to attempt at looking at my design though other browsers like Opera.IE will always be a distant shadow of Firefox, as MS continuously tries to out-do itself and it's enemies. They will fall I tell thee.

well im been using the beta version of IE7 besides the fact it likes to freeze and crash other then that I havn't had any real problems with it, but at least it has the xhtml standards and png format in it so don't have to worry about most of the problems that come with IE6 still havn't heard when next year its supposed t ocome out.

i cant wait till ie7 either, then hopefully standards html/css websites i make semi commercially on firefox will atually look close to how they should. and my life as a designer will be much easier than the current process. create website then spend 1/10 of the time again creating bodges and dodgy patches to make ie cope.

IE7 a messed up vs of firefox yes a new vs (beter) of IE no crap and i will never use it $10 the prob wont even go trough with it they will prob sign a deal with mozila

..and people still use IE? lollz.. i wonder when was the last time i clicked on the IE icon :-/well, if its coming out i would surely try it but i dont think i will use it. firefox is just unbeatable.. and the above comments were hilarious - especially the requirements! but many newbies that use the internet are still unknown of firefox and still use IE, which my mum often do, and she invites lots of spyware and all that.. hmmmm...

people are forced to use IE. Because it comes with Windows. And they can avoid it, specially if they dont't know much about computers, they buy a new laptop computer and it has brand new windows there, with all that super-duper-cool stuff, and it includes also IE, wow. and that was they are dragged into windows and IE.

Of course IE will never beat firefox. how can you if you're always a step behind? I've tried the beta version of IE 7, and if that's anything to go by, then i'm definitely sticking with firefox for my default browser, and IE 6 for those few sites that refuse to use anything else. IE 7 froze my system, messed up the registry, caused BSODs, and was fuill of browsing bugs, especially in the new tabbed interface. For my site i don't even bother standardizing it to IE, i just put a line there that says, "Use firefox to view this site". For me at least that works as i don't have a huge amount of traffic on my site, and i'm not interested in getting the largest number of hits possible. But Microsoft and their IE will never go down, they have too much of a customer base that will never change over, even if just because of sheer laziness. Same thing here. people can't be bothered to learn the minor differences in firefox, and so every time i set it as the default browser, out come a slew of complaints. Sort of a blind sheep attitude. they figure that if they can't actually see the virus being downloaded, then they're perfectly safe.

Of course IE will never beat firefox. how can you if you're always a step behind? I've tried the beta version of IE 7, and if that's anything to go by, then i'm definitely sticking with firefox for my default browser, and IE 6 for those few sites that refuse to use anything else. IE 7 froze my system, messed up the registry, caused BSODs, and was fuill of browsing bugs, especially in the new tabbed interface. For my site i don't even bother standardizing it to IE, i just put a line there that says, "Use firefox to view this site". For me at least that works as i don't have a huge amount of traffic on my site, and i'm not interested in getting the largest number of hits possible. But Microsoft and their IE will never go down, they have too much of a customer base that will never change over, even if just because of sheer laziness. Same thing here. people can't be bothered to learn the minor differences in firefox, and so every time i set it as the default browser, out come a slew of complaints. Sort of a blind sheep attitude. they figure that if they can't actually see the virus being downloaded, then they're perfectly safe.

1064333245[/snapback]

its is a beta or alpha so that there u have to realise of the risks also its mainly disgined for vista so who knows if they do go trouhg with it, it will prob be vista only or high end xp Oo heres to the death of M$

here is a LINK to a definition of what phishing is. Basicly its the use of email or other forms of contact, that is used to con information out of unsuspecting people. Information that is sought can be, but is not limited to: credit card numbers, social security numbers, bank account information, and addresses.

Just reading people's views/opinions on IE7 and I think some are false.XHTML support, IE7 doesn't support application/xhtml+xml which is the mime-type for XHTML, they do however claim that it can do XHTML using text/html but what limitations would that bring us, speaking to the developer for this reason revealed that to do so would mean rewriting their HTML parser (though I questioned why it wasn't their XML Parser) to work with it, and since being so close to being released, they can't do this.I do look forward to IE7 though, it's improvements on HTML 4.01 and CSS1 and CSS2 would be beneficial but is it enough? The long awaited IE7 does not help a lot of the web designers/developers since they are still far behind. Being the major browser, it's quite a sad thing really, technology use to be implemented quickly during the browser wars, when W3C stepped in, technology for it stalled. IE5 to IE6 did not have any significant changes, really.Hopefully, plugins can be created for IE7 to work with existing technology, else there's a lot we will miss out on. I am sure no one can wait another 4-8 years for their next browser version.Why the slow improvements, it's not the developers fault, if they had it their way, they would work with standards and improve on this, but it's the ones who pull the strings, that are in charged and a lot of it has been focusing on security and making sure it's included in Windows Vista.I do hope IE7 aids with web designing and web development though, if it's not supporting current standards, at least it'll be supporting most used standards, but I'm sure they're the ones who are slowing that transition down because of this.Cheers,MC