xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Saiyan

My Latest Work... I hope you like them... please rate

Hi all!

Its been a while since i last made a good sig.

Here are some of my latest pieces...

Please check them out and rate my overall skills out of ten! :P

Heres a Banner I made for someone...

Posted Image

A friend of mine said that::

No offence but it looks as though you basically just cut and pasted some stock and then blended them into each other =/ Not saying you did, but thats what it looks like.

First of all, lose some of those stocks, its far to crowded for any general direction to be established and the multitude of colours are clashing and making the sig look even more crowded and squished together.

Try to center the banner around a certain point, take for instance the Chidori/rasengan clash in the center there... now that would need a fair bit of space as it looks to be the main stock. Perhaps work some nice brushing and get some lines leading away from it and therefore drawing the eye towards that center where your text is.

If you are going to have other stock, then try to make it fit the general theme and flow of the banner, not just because its a cool character and looks nice. Usually one or two stocks are all thats needed in a banner (if any at all sometimes). An idea could be to remove Obito and Ichigo, swap the two end pics of around and then see what you get...

I disagreed with him. I thin he was just being mean. Does it really look that bad??

Heres some of The Signiatures that i made::

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here is my best piece of all... its an animation...

Posted Image

:huh: Rate away! :)

you have some good blending going on, like the animation its killer, but your text needs work.

I'm no expert, but I think they're pretty good. I don't care much for the spidey sig, but the other two are quite good IMO. I like the first one the most. But your animated sig is really cool. And it's not very big either (~120k).

It kinda looks like Haku has lipstick on. HAha, that just seems wrong to me even though he looks like a girl still. Overall, they look nice.

The blending in the sigs are well done and i do like the banner you made up top it certainly fits a global theme. The animation sig is nice aswell, have you tried placing a sprite background on it - there are a few sites around that offer sprite backgrounds i came across a few while trying my hand at sprite sigs. From the others the one just above the animation sig would be my favourite if you can clear up his face - its a bit patchy

i like your sigs... but i think you need to work on your text...i'm not a big fan of the animated series you use, but i like fourth sig is nice, and the animation is a killer...it whould be nice if you try to extend your area of ideas.. i don't know... something that does not involve that cartoons...overall... i like your sigs even tough you still need work...

To me the top one looks a bit blurry, and not quite as sharp or detailed as it could have been. Still though, I think it's good, and I like the font for the text on that one. I like the placement of that whole signature as well. The second one is good. I like it. I don't know who it is, but it looks nice and caught my eye immediately.I'm not a huge fan of the spidey one, but I think that's mainly because it feels a bit faded. Maybe you could adjust the contrast or color balance of the sig just to mess around with it and see how bold you can make the colors. It might look better with a bit of tweaking in that area. Also, I wouldn't have chosen a font like that for spidey. Personally I might've gone with a more bold and steady font, rather than a playful one.I think you're doing really well with the signatures. I also think that perhaps your friend - the one who gave you the critique you posted - takes art a bit too seriously. Art, especially sigs, are just for fun, and should always be looked at that way. Create what you like! If you are happy with it, then that's what matters. ;)

I like that Pure as Snow one the best I think except for the foggyness or overly bright or contrast on Haku (is that her name?) Also, it's not too crowded but not too spacey, very nice in my opinion. The banner is a bit... idk crowded or... maybe its just the images you used, not sure.

I think that these are pretty good. Although I agree with that "friend" of yours, I think that they are being a little over obsessive. Your signatures are great, but the only thing I can spot is their similarities. Try to make each and every one of your graphics a tad different. :ph34r: Keep up the great work! Don't listen to totally-negative critics! :)