xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamckr

Do Dreams Really Mean Anything? Can your dreams be helpful in your life?

Just today, my Civics teacher had a dream i came to class 15 minutes before it was supposed to end and i was peering in the window "disturbing" the class. Today, i got sent to the office during Science, and didnt leave until 20 minutes before class would end, and got there 15 minutes before... weird...Ive had dreams about demons with lightning guns in the forest so... no i dont think they can help you... :/

Some of them maybe have some meaning, but most of them don't have any particular meaning. That's for me.BTW, how about de javu? I experienced it several times. Should I be worried with my brain cells? (^^:o (and, should we create a topic about dejavu? i really wanna know a lot about that)

Yes! sometimes. Few years back I used to get a newspaper in which there is certain column written by a psychiatrist. In that column the readers will tell their dreams and that psychiatrist will tell the meaning of that dream. Its interesting like a Sci-fi cinema.

i still get flash back dreaming and still rember all the pain in my childhood and it heart but it comes and gose and then i still stay up all night so for me to get sleep i have to wear myself out

Freud argues that all dreams are mere 'wish fulfilment' - i.e. if it's something good then its what we want to happen and if it's bad (a nightmare) then the wish is that it doesn't happen!I'm unconvinced of the extent to which this is true however I do believe that there is some weight behind it. But then Freud also said that we all want to kill our fathers and have sex with our mothers....

My dreamDo Dreams Really Mean Anything?

So I have had dreams before, but mostly I have dreamless sleep. I think dreams have something to do with things you have been thinking about and dealing with. For example, I did a dating questionaire online for hours and when I slept I had a dream about love. And once when I was talking to my math teacher about my slipping grades and then, I dreamt about failing math. I don't have dreams very often so those are the only examples I can think of. So thats my theory. 

-reply by dreamchica

I have had dreams that come true and I don't understand how this is possible,for several weeks I had a reacurring dream I would wake up everynight upset and scared,It started out I could see a fire,it was so real I could smell the smoke ,I could hear the pain of someone burnt,I remember searching in my dream until I found the person but I could not recognize him every night it got more defined I remember trying to figure out who and an alphabet started flashing so fast and I got two letters J Y I told my husband and my parents someone with the letters J and y was in a fire and I couldn't sleep it was so real someone we new was in danger and then after several weeks my husbands uncle Joey was killed in a house fire I never had the dream after he passed and everything in my dream was exact to what happened.This isn't the first time this has happened but it was the most recent.WHY and HOW is this possible.-reply by shelley

futureDo Dreams Really Mean Anything?

they way I see it is its your connection to your future and past self after all we are not alone on this planet. And every body should know that and u have more than one time line it just depends on how you take your as to what will happen and where you will go but as far as your dream you are the one with the open mind not your husband it is said that women use both sides of there brain as men use one which I believe to be a total lie but as you get older the only way for you to communicate with spirits is in your sleep as to you have closed your mind off to every thing other than what happens and you probably believe in life after death. When we were kids we could see spirits that walk the earth as to we still had an open mind but if you focused on opening your mind you would be amazed and some of the things that you would see in your sleep and during real live but that is just my point of info. It might not help but it might.. And also were you really close to his uncle and if so that is why you were seeing that

My mom has the same exact thing but her dreams are different...Though like when she dreams of fire someone died when she dreamt of my to grandpas nude they died..When she dreams of someone cracking eggs that person gets pregnant..Shes had many other dreams that came true in life and it almost freaks me out when she tells me about them shes even told her mom about it before anything happens..And her grandma had the same thing..So I don't know I think they mean something..And iv'e also had the same things happen to me but theres stuff in my dream I have to pay attention to..And it sucks even worse when you don't remember the person in the dream..And when you do your afraid for that person..-reply by LydiaE

Does this dream possibly mean anything?Do Dreams Really Mean Anything?

Last night, I was just having a regular dream that usually doesn't freak me out or anything... But all of a sudden, during the dream, a message and a voice appeared. Saying "I've chosen you" and some other words... I couldn't remember completely... And right when that happened, I woke up in sweat. Usually, when that happens to me, right when I go back to sleep a different dream appears. But, not this time... But, for some reason, during this dream, everytime I thought about the voice or did something... it wasn't random, but, my left side located right under my breast close to my ribs start pounding and it was very painful, and I could feel it in the dreams. Everytime I had this pain, I would wake up and still feel some of the pain. I thought about it and thought maybe it was in my head. But, when I was changing into different clothes about three hours after waking up, I noticed a large red area around the place the pain was.  I'm really freaked out and I'm starting to get constant chills. I am serious about this.

-question by Anonymous

Dreams????Do Dreams Really Mean Anything?

Most nights I have very strange dreams but I also have dreams that become true not the ones like winning the lottery or anything like that but dreams of things and happen to me... I don't know if  I'm explaining myself but I wonder can dreams really tell u your future? For instance my dreams consist of people I will meet... Actually of things that happen almost like a Deja Vu (I don"t  know if I spelled that right) I guess what I'm trying to say is that my dreams predict my future can this be true??

-question by Viviana

Crazy DreamsDo Dreams Really Mean Anything?

I have had some pretty insane and vivid dreams myself. Sometimes when I lose things, I have a dream that I find it in some specific place or room, then when I wake up, I go there, and there is the thing I lost ! Wierd or what ? I have also had dreams about things I have never done before aswell. Some of my dreams, I like know that I'm dreaming, I'm like in the dream and I have control over what I do. It's soo cool ! Myself, I think dreams have a meaning, not really sure of what it is, but I think they do ! :P

-reply by Shelby R

Well i had a dream that i was at school and someone broke a pair of sunglasses that belong to someone and i did'nt know who the sunglasses we're for.then,a few weeks later i discovered that the sunglasses belonged to a friend of mine named dorine and jasmine broke them when we we're walking upstairs to class and it's like it was all so real just like i saw it in my dream and another time my friend leanna who goes to school with me had money and like that day before i knew she had money an image appeared in my head and showed that she had $0.75 so i asked i said do you have $0.75they happen. Edited by yordan
Changed bold giant red to small black characters (see edit history)

IM SOOOO SCARED!!!!!!!!WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! if dreams really do mean something then explain this! lastnight i had a scary/creepy dream about 2 babies. It starts off as a happy dream-my mum is pregnant and she gives birth to a lovely healthy child. But his face is egsacaly like my brother's face. We leave the room. ( my brother is super disabled and sometimes we get into fights and then afterwards i will cry my eyes out and i will hate myself that little bit more cause im soooooo afraid he will die cause his disability is really bad ). then in the dream we r all happy la la la! But then we get called into the room again. my mum gives birth to the fetus...(when my mum gave birth to my brother in REAL life she got pregnant again but th fetus died) The fetus doesnt move but we bring him home. A series of creepy events happen and we r suddenly living in the local church. then our stairs is in the church. my mum screams and my dogs water bowl is stuck under our stairs. mum gets the bowl out and lifts it up......the fetus is DEAD AND MOLDY EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAA! then more series of creepy events happen and we r outside the hospital and the church is beside it the baby is rapped in this creepy paper box thing (that looks like a badly packeged boomerag...???)then i look again at the baby and the paper is GONE and the baby is up against my side i try to move over cause its really scaring me but oddly enough i almost sit on it and its eyes open and their like the devils eyes. i wake up....... WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????