xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Project Antilost: Started Again

Cyborg~ it really depends on what you intend to do. Different languages are better suited for various tasks. For example, PHP is much more (obviously) web oriented than, say, C++. I think the very basic thing to do is pick a language and throw yourself into it. Get the syntax down, understand how, why, etc on every level. The most important thing is to give yourself a strong base. With this you'll pick it up quick, and when you want to branch into other languages it will be pretty simple. All you'll have to do is familiarize yourself a bit and get the ties between a language you know and the knew language established. Pretty much every programming language is extremely similar in terms of "vocabulary" and various methods for getting places.Like I said, just throw yourself into it. It's extremely boring at first (at least it was for me) but the end results are great. :huh:

Ahhh... thanks for that little bit of advice, derouge. I think I heard that stuff a couple times more from other people but hmm, now I can't think it's just a way to get me into only one language. Yeah, I'll probably finish HTML and then start off with PHP. Might you know where I can learn PHP on the Net? For example, online tutorials like htmlgoodies.com ??

By the way, on the first day I was learning HTML at the site I listed above, I was very sleepy - it was VERY boring!! But... BUT - the end results were very satisfying :):P It's so great to see your own work...

A simple page with nothing but a bolded "This is my first web page"

Hahaha!! HTML... cool stuff :huh:

Hmm. Open-Source Game Section. Sounds interesting.As far as I am aware, viz is building (or has made) his own Game company thingy. I'm also interested in Game design and development.Consider the forum made :huh:AntiLost is flying high this time, and a better and more varied audience is getting involved. I can't wait for the future.

good description, I am "have made/am building the company" just need to file some paperwork and raise, oh, say, around 25000-50000 USD. tHanks for the forum. by the way, soon as antilost starts project gosting, my company has a game related major project to sponsr, but no more details until then, just to keep you guys coming to antilost and waiting.~Viz

Well, to everyone that is not a coder, I am not one either, though I am there :PSee we don't need just coders, people who are good in designing lay-outs, graphics for programs, skins even are welcomed just as much. Or people who can help with the manuals of the programs, with documentation... Everybody is welcome, even if your only forte is to talk calmly to get some sense into someone who's about to lose it :huh: And you can also learn there :P THat's why it's a good idea to have a nice community there. Also, you can help spread the word :)