xisto Community
Houdini

This Error On This Site!

Many times i will click on a link and below is what I will get>

Board MessageSorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Useful Links
Forgotten Password Recovery
Register a new account
Our help documentation
Contact the forums administrator

Why is there a link to it and why do I get this meanless message? If it is outdated then why is it even displayed in the most recent? Why do such links keep being displyed? This might seem trivial but it is annoying to me and I would like an answer as to why a link that is in the last posts shoul return such an error.

Thanks,
Houdini

Most likely that link leads to a post that is in one of the Non-Public forums (like Xisto Staff) - it's quite tricky to write more code to effectively filter out such posts from the top20 list below - so opaque just let it be. I don't think there's any simple mechanism to avoid this.

I think the biggest part are articles that were not permitted yet like submitted tutorials waiting for approval. That's where I find the articles again later normally.

also if your trying to do multiple searches or trying to jump from one link to another to quickly the system will kick back that or similar error messages. I think the reason for that is a restriction on how many searchs or link click you can make a second to keep the spam bots at bay, as well as a way to keep resource usage undercontrol.