xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Pixia (english Edition) - Image Editing Freeware

Hi all,

It has not been long since I used Pixia, but now I am quite used to it. It has a bit of odd interface, but once you get the hang of it, one can get amazing results. (See my webcomic post: Firman Tales).

It is not as good as Paint Shop Pro, but one should not complain as it is free. Moreover there are many forums and tutorials around based on this software.

Pixia Download Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-Vyoma

P.S: I searched for Pixia and found one remote post. I am really a fan of Pixia and so I thought, it deserved a post of its own.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I haven't downloaded Pixia yet, have you tried GIMP. GIMP is an amazing freeware that is as powerful as Paint Shop Pro but is quite a bit harder to use. Once you get the hang of it, GIMP is an amazing tool for Graphics. Can Pixia animate things as well?

sounds good. im all for freeware. it gives people a chance to do this on computers they wouldnt normally because its not something they know enough about to pay for so really when you think about it it is encouraging graphic designing all around the world.nice work guys :D

The GIMP is probably the best out there that's free, but this is good for beginners. The GIMP has an odd interface too so you should get used to this before you get the GIMP, everybody.~souradipm

The GIMP is probably the best out there that's free, but this is good for beginners. The GIMP has an odd interface too so you should get used to this before you get the GIMP, everybody.

Ahhh, well, don't you have to get it before you can get used to the interface? :D I used GIMP and found that it was quite good considering that its freeware. On the other hand, I do have Photoshop, so there's no point in messing with GIMP. I just use it at school when there's no other choices possible.
Pixia sounds interesting, but is it as good as GIMP? I mean, if its worse than Paint Shop Pro, GIMP is probably better than Pixia. :unsure: To tell the truth, PaintShop Pro is truly not that worth it for a paid product. Better to get GIMP. Or Photoshop, if you're willing to pay.
Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Wow. Can barely remember that post I have made there. Yes, hovis, I did use Pixia at that time. After sometime, I shifted to GIMP. (I did a couple of artworks - check out for some in the Art Digital section). And recently, I have been dabbling around with Inkscape. (Check it out at inkscape.org). I seem to have almost become an Inkscape-addict. ;)

Currently i'm working with Photoshop CS2 , Inkscape and PhotoFiltre.I've never tried Pixia before and I'll try it now, I love test and learning from new softwares.