xisto Community
jedipi

I Just Got A Email From FBI

Now thats hilarious, i must say the people sending it hac some creativity! but what the use of sending those virusses? what kind of virus was that?and also, what was the 'supposed be' FBI email address?but that idea can be used for spamming, which will make the people open the email and go to the spammed website! nice innovative..

I was wondering, what would happen if you're under linux and ran those exe's with WINE or something similar. I think it'd be funny to see what would happen.ps. My usual opinion still stands, anyone who falls for those deserve to be wormed, I mean..... Who the hell would fall for such a lame *bottom* trick?

My congratulationz fly out to y'all.As mentioned above the reason maybe simple: anyone can send a letter with any back address in the from field of message header. Or there can be a virus which opened a listening connection on your machine. Working like a proxy server. Allowing it's author to visit any pages from your computer.I would proceed with hdd scan for viruses. And installed new OS then, above the clean hard drive. But it also can be a message from some wannabe-hacker who attached his brand-new art to this letter. If it is so - it is an original way. I have not ever seen such a good mail trick.Good luck to y'all, homies.-)

most people who actually know something about computers think that people who open these types of emails are stupid, yet at one point in time or another we all were novices and might have made the same mistake. Although I must say that anyone who isn't running a realtime anti-virus scanner and some sort of anti-spyware program needs to have their heads examined.For the most part people who initally send these types of emails out hope that they catch some unknowing kid, and not an adult, since most kids who don't know any better will panic and open the email. This is the basis of any social engeneering hack attempt.Any real hacker worth his/her salt knows that even the best computer hacker/cracker is nothing without some social engeneering skills. Even if your not good with people there are other ways to pull it off, which I'm not gonna get into. Suffice to say that a good paper shredder comes in very handy. For the most part the general script kiddie isn't what you have to be worried about, the ones you should really be worried about are the "cheap internet" companies, you want to talk about social engeneering and information gathering man they take the cake.These mass mailers are, for the most part, just annoying. The best suggestion to everyone out there...keep your anit-virus/anti-spyware programs up to date and lets have a few more laughs at these script kiddies expense.

lol well i didn't get any of those email. probably since i use gmail and aim. those two are free you should sign up for them so you wont have to get false warnings. i got an email from microsoft, not fbi saying that i pirated ms office and they sent that to optonline who forwarded it to my account. i believe it's true because it had the time and program and everything. plus i did try to get it. lol. so i got scared of microsoft and stopped.

It is possible to mask your email address with a fake one. How it is done, I'll never know.Personally, I haven't had this email but my mom did. She told me about it and as soon as I looked at the subject line I deleted it. I thought to myself, why in the whole world would the FBI send my mom something, when we live in England? Stupid wasaks.

really if the FBI wanted to contact you they would storm the house with guns pointed at you and have the road block off in a 10 square mile radius, only a idiot would think wow they FBI found me better open it, really the hacker sending these has to be even more stupid, fbi sending email to people.

Actually, I'd say the person who started that e-mail was pretty smart - considering that countless people were dumb enough to actually *open* the stupid thing. And I'm sure that the viruses replicate, so the love just keeps on spreading with each person who doesn't think before he/she opens an attachment.

And of *course* the Fibbies would raid the place instead of sending a stupid e-mail. Their multibillion-dollar budget practically *Begs* for the storm troopers entrance.

Besides, it just looks cooler on their recruiting videos than a guy sending e-mails all day.

It is possible to mask your email address with a fake one. How it is done, I'll never know.

It is easy to make email appear to come from a fake address (not that I have ever done that of course). Basically all do is give the server the wrong information, and it passes it along without checking (at least, most of the time it does).

Telnet to port 25 of your target SMTP server (more on SMTP servers selection below). The server should respond with a generic welcome message. You will type HELO domain.name. Use any domain name you wish as most servers do not check the name against the IP you are telneting from. Type MAIL FROM: <from@wherever.com>. This is where the message will appear to be from. Next, type RCPT TO: <to@wherever.com>. This specifies who will receive the message. Type DATA and type the body of your message. To send the message, enter a line with only a period. Type QUIT to disconnect.

Sample Session - Bold text is user input:

220 OK

HELO faker.com

250 Hello faker.com (faker.com), pleased to meet you

MAIL FROM:<satan@hell.org>

250 <satan@hell.org>... Sender ok

RCPT TO:<info@astalavista.com>

250 <info@astalavista.com>... Recipient ok

DATA

354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself

subject:Lamer

This is the body of my message.

250 Mail accepted

QUIT

221 OK

http://www.softoutfit.com/static/smtp.html

I'm saying this here not so that people fake email addresses, but so you know how easy it is. The message is: Don't be fooled. Faking email addresses and headers is easy, and any bored teenager can do it.