xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Is It Me Or Something Is Wrong.. Trap17.net Vs....

I don't like to complain when it comes to things that are free, but isn't it not fair when people who never post but have to show ads get 333MB of space while we slave away on the Xisto forum and only get 150MB?Sorry for the complaining but I just want to know why...xboxrulz

i thinkthat a site with ads looks not good at all,it's truth, you don't have to post like a slave,but,you win, a clear site,without publicity,and a lot of things that makes pretty ugly your site, but i share one thing with you,it would be great if here double value of the posting, sure we will enjoy a lot more the service,and off cours , take care of other important thiongs, so that's my opinion, thanks

Lol.. I'd any day prefer lesser space for NO ADS at all. ADs you don't have any control over completely screws up your site - like a constant source of irritation.. more like a glaring cancer wound on your page :) No, seriously, that's how I feel about ADs which I cannot control.Besides, I really wonder - HOW MANY of us really use up whole of the space alloted to us ? Personally, after installing a couple of needed software, I hardly find stuff to put it. 150MB is still a lot - and won't run out quickly at all IF used wisely.

Also, look at the bandwidth difference, if someone truly used the 333MB at Xisto.net, they could maybe load all of there pages once before using up bandwidth, so the space is limited by the bandwidth, but sounds attractive to people who don't really understand these things. The kind of people who would not contribute positively to the forums.~Viz

I would also prefer less space and no ads over the bigger, ad-based web space. Though I would like if we posting hosted members were bumped up to 250 or at least 200. But I can live with it as it now stands, and i'm sure sooner or later we'll be upgraded as well.

No ads is what I'd prefer the most, after bandwidth, but before web space. Right now, for my requirements, 150MB is a lot. I don't need any more than that, and I definitely don't want ads on my webpage. I just can't stand them, google-ads or any banner for that matter. IMO, it's fine just the way it is.

150 Mb is enough for me too, I do not really need more than 80mb now, but maybe it will rise with time, maybe it is because I almost do not have any downloads, mainly the space is required for images. :)

I guess it is like that, because we have dedicated web space (it is reserved) and they probably haven't so you can easily "afford" that amount. By the way, fellows, I think there is no rule against registering there too, so where's your problem?I agree with m^e that you will hardly ever need 150 Megabyte for a web page, I never created one bigger than 10 Megabyte. But if you have that much, you might also use the hosting server for other purpose but mere website hosting. I would like to offer my friends a place, where they can quickly upload files, like rapidshare.de but just for them, and well, there a 153 Megabyte make a difference ^^Is that allowed at all? I'm not sure about the conditions concerning this right now..I mean, of course, you can't allow it for illegal purposes, but stuff like sharing pictures, documents, etc. should be allowed, right?

i would think so, personally i would be nice to have 200 or 250 but this is really good for no ads;) this is one of those hosting places that you rairly find...and i like th 5gigs of bandwidth, its good for a small site but once it grows your going to need more (obviously) but usually people move on to a paid host once they start growing because they know thier investment is going to go somewhere :)

The average site never even use 20 Megs of space. 150 Megs is really a decent amount. And about ads, I really don't like them. It's really a pain. No one wants to go to a site with ads on them. But the real difference between Xisto and Xisto.net is the availability of CPanel. CPanel is one of the most useful control panels in existence. I've tried it before. Additionally, you get the same hosting package in Xisto as in Xisto - Web Hosting (the paid company of Xisto). Having something like that without paying for it makes you feel special, doesn't it?333 Megs of Storage is a lot, but who really uses it all? I'd personally prefer 150 Megs with CPanel any day. You'll only need a lot of space if you're planning on making a site on warez. In that case, you should buy your own server on eBay.150 Megs is really hard to use up, if used in a decent manner. For example, instead of using the pre-installed scripts (like blogs and forums) find a free source.

Think of it this way. You need free hosting for your web site. And you need a lot of space. You can register here and have 150 MB with no ads, or you can go somewhere else and have 333 MB with ads.Now, I have always been annoyed by ads and I got here from a hosting with ads. I don't need so much space, so I really like Xisto.Back to the 333 MBs. People actually don't need that much space. They register, have ads, and use only about 100 MB. If they really DO need that much space, they will probably pay for their hosting - nad have no ads. And ask yourself - do you need that much space? If the anser is no, then Xisto is better. However, if the answer is yes, then you should save some money and pay for hosting!Hope this post hasn't been boring and confusing :)

I think overall this site is great the only things I have problems with is that we ahve to do so many posts it would be much easier if there was more posts everyday sometimes I really have to look for somewhere to post just so I can keep my day limit above 10 *Like I'm doing now* I mean I would wait a couple days and only 2 new posts are up or I havent yet read or seen I thinks it's hard to keep a daily quota I mean no ads no fees are great but to be using a sytem like thins you need to become much more popular first

I think overall this site is great the only things I have problems with is that we ahve to do so many posts it would be much easier if there was more posts everyday sometimes I really have to look for somewhere to post just so I can keep my day limit above 10 *Like I'm doing now* I mean I would wait a couple days and only 2 new posts are up or I havent yet read or seen I thinks it's hard to keep a daily quota I mean no ads no fees are great but to be using a sytem like thins you need to become much more popular first

1064331373[/snapback]

Not really - where most people go wrong is they try to make short posts everyday.

Instead, if you plan your posts out carefully, you can get upto 10 credits in one shot - so just make 2-3 such posts in one day in a week and that'll see you through more than 2 weeks.. It's just that you need to find a topic of your interest and make a good informative post.

So I say, invest time only once a week - but invest it well... instead of wasting it everyday.

Also - you don't need to be popular to make posts - you can very well start off with any topic of your choice - which of course, can fit into one of our forums. Give it a try and see - it seems difficult only in the beginning. :)

Regards,

m^e