xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
curare

Fantastico Is Back!

QpaQue, a million thanks for installing fantastico on the server! I joined here shortly after the server switch, never saw it, just opened cpanel, and there it is in all its beauty!One-click install for everythig! Perfect! Thank you very much Sir, this makes Xisto unbeatable. UNBEATABLE.

Fantastico was always there, ever since I got hosting. But you're right, it's one of the features that makes life easier :).

Yes, abhiram, that's what I read. It's just that I got my hosting points together after the server switch to CA and it had to be reinstalled, which, I assume, the administrator(s) did today. Very happy,

Cool Fantastico is back...for a bit after the migration it was not available...now it is sweet...wish it had been there when I did my Mambo install it would have made it a lot easier...but I learned a few things when I did the manual install so I think I came out better for it....

I used to use fantastico for installing PHPBB and WordPress, the rest were obsolite. But then I found myself doing manual installs because of the versions within Fantastico being outdated.Although the applications are back and a noticable new one known as Joomla (or whatever it is called) they have been updated to their latest forms. However, I will still find myself doing it old-style. And soon, I hope to be righting my own scripts.

for a bit after the migration it was not available

Oh, sorry ... I didn't know that. Till yesterday, I've been trying not to use fantastico because I wanted to make my own templates and code my own stuff. But after trying for a long time, I finally gave up trying to re-invent the wheel and used fantastico.

Click, click, click ... that's it, Wordpress and coppermine installed. I've got a fully functional personal webpage with a photo gallery in minutes. If I had to do this from ground up, it might have taken me atleast a month with dedicated effort.

Now, instead of trying to design CSS layouts from scratch, I think I'll start designing them for Wordpress. I guess the idea is ultimately the same, because in either case, you need to be creative to design a good layout.

I never really liked fantastico, it just makes people more "stupid" because anyone can install something without any knowledge, just with a few clicks and most of them do not even try to learn further and after using it for a week they call themslef real webmasters and stuff ;)but say it is useful, if you need to do something fast, fantastico is a good way :)