xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

How Do I Insert Clip Into Sig ? quick question

i have a quick question...nothing too major...i have seen quite a few sigs (especially ones from gammerchick) with little video clips in them...i was messing around last night and came up with this sig...
---
404.png
---

and i want to insert a video clip into the white space (with the brush over the vid :)) how exactly do i go about doing this ? i mean, i know it can be done...i have an idea of how...but i couldnt get it to work last night...i was trying to import the .mov clip from my blink-182 cd into flash...it would bring the vid up and i would edit it to make just a little clip...then i would hit finish...and it would just start all over again...

am i suppose to use flash...i figured i could import the vid...import my sig...resize the clip and move it into the white area....and make the clip behind the sig...then publish as .gif BUT IT WONT IMPORT THE CLIP!

help please

ok thanks...i actually tried to follow all of those...but gave up after reading the first couple paragraphs :):P

but i got it ! ! !

i downloaded a third party converter (riverpast) and converted the .mov to .avi ... then imported that .avi into flash (it actually imported .avi - i dont know why it didnt do that to the .mov file, it said it would) then imported my sig and changed layer over the movie, resized the movie, moved into area...played...changed clip size...then exported as .gif ;) ;) works...only thing is that the file came out a little choppy....pixelated but yeah, ill fix that with later sigs i make...unless i get bored then ill fix this one :P

---> here it is <---

Posted Image

Whenever I open this page, I'm getting a popup for logging into bluewaffle.astahost.com's cpanel. Is there something wrong with one of the links posted? Also, ebbinger .... I can't see the image. It's just giving me a 'user posted image'.

yes abhiram, i am also getting bluewaffle.astahost.com's cpanel popup! something wrong somewhere........i cant see the posted image either!Actually, i needed those tutorials too! its helpful, and i can use them for funtime.. ..

The LAST [x] is giving this problem i think :) .. maybe you should try to host the image in a folder close to root, or is there a problem with "//" in his address specified ? I'd love to see whats come out of it because i also wanted to do the same a few months back but just gave up.RegardsDhanesh.

OK, I fixed the problem sort of with the log in screen.The url used for the image is invalid to begin with as the image doesn't seem to exist in the directory specified after decoding the url that was given.The url that was given inluded the port specification for the cPanel (2082) which is why the log in screen was popping up. I cleaned the link to the image up but I could not fine the actual image. Hopefully it will get reposted correctly so everyone can see the end result.vujsa

alrighty then...sorry about that you guys, i was loading it into Xisto but you guys dont let us load .gif's so i thought maybe i could load it into my hoasting account...but i kinda sorta messed it up ;) but anyways...here i think i got a link that will work...it is in a totally different place now ;)

sorry i couldnt fix it earlier

(once again 56K WARNING :P) image is around 670kb :) - but be patient it will load:P

Posted Image

Nice one :) looks good dude. But just one thing, If 56k users have a problem loading it, i guess there should be a way to reduce the gif file size, retaining the quality ? Because I everyone starts using it. or atleast 2-3 people use sigs like these, then i guess 56k guys would be crushing nuts ;) Any alternate way to decrease file size ?RegardsDhanesh.

no not greatly...my sigs usually come out to around 60k with compression...before they are usually 124k or so....i am not sure how much the gif can be compressed, personally i didnt bother with this one..i didnt even bother to keep the quality of the gif (its all pixelated)