xisto Community
soleimanian

I Lost Mysql Databases And Privileges!?

If you had taken the time to check vudjsa's topic and the e-mail that was issued to the account you signed-up with, you would see that the servers are being shifted to California. You need to give them a few more days before reporting any critical errors with your site. The DNS system is being propagated and will require time. IF you did not get the e-mail then:

We would like to alert all members that, Xisto.com is presently migrating its members to new servers at California. This will definitely ensure higher uptime and much more reliability. Please do not make any MAJOR changes to your SITE for about 1-2 days till the DNS propagation is complete.
All members who are  using IP's to connect to CPanel and FTP, please stop using it. Kindly, use your domain name. Your nameservers should be NS1.ASTAHOST.COM AND NS2.ASTAHOST.COM.

Members who are using A-ADDRESS pointing for their Xisto account will have to wait till the entire propagation. After the transfer, We will be assigning a fresh new dedicated IP to Xisto Member sites.

Your patience and support is highly appreciated.

Thank You for using Xisto.com services powered by Xisto - Web Hosting.com Servers.

=-=-=-=-=-=-= Xisto - Web Hosting Advertisement =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Please check out the NEW PLANS released by Xisto - Web Hosting.com, If you are interested in Paid Hosting.
PREMIUM PLANS
2.1 GB SPACE / 33.3 GB BW @ $3.33/month.
4.5 GB SPACE / 77.7 GB BW @ $7.77/month.
5.4 GB SPACE / 99.9 GB BW @ $9.99/month.

BUDGET PLANS

50 MB SPACE / 1 GB BW @ $9.95/YEAR.
100 MB SPACE / 3 GB BW @ $14.95/YEAR.
And more...

If you want your files transferred to Xisto - Web Hosting directly, Signup at Xisto - Web Hosting and send a mail to support@Xisto - Web Hosting.com.

Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto are members of Xisto Corporation.
=-=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

NOTE : Xisto is *NOT* terminating its Free Web Hosting services. We are just moving our members to new server.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Xisto Management.
Xisto Corporation

-------------------------------------
Free Web Hosting Statistics:
Registered Users: 8015
Total Posts: 57216
Busiest Time: 487 users were online on 24th June 2005 - 06:49 PM

Handy Links
Board Address: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php
Lost Password Recovery: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=10

Hi,you could think, that the shift is complete now and it's time to ask for solutions, because Xisto.com is up again, etc.For me my database is up and working, except that I had to newly add access hosts (former ones were IPs and anyway deleted) and that the multibyte-strings modul seems not be installed again yet. I guess everything gets slow build up to "was-as-is" status.I don't which of vujsa's posts your talking about. But let's all stay calm, will we?

I also have problems with my databases. I read the quoted mail (I received it) but this mails says "please wait a little bit", the mail does not say that some of the things will be repaired and the other ones not.So, I am as Ruben, I simply would like to know how to repair the things.

We can't personally repair most of the things, as we don't have server access, to install them/ repair them. Just because Asta is up, doesn't mean that the servers have been shifted completely, I believe we will recieve an e-mail when the process is complete.If you haven't noticed, Fantastico isn't there at the moment (for me anyway), so that should tell you straight away that it hasn't been completed.If your database has been dumped and deleted, then I don't think that they can restore it. HOWEVER, if it has just been lost, wait until the shift is complete and then follow up this topic.

I just made a lot of mail advertising "please visit my site", and all the answers were "your forum does not work". I know it's only fry hosting supported by forum, but IMHO it also provides a bad image of the paid hosting.

@soleimanian : did you try to contact support@xisto.com before re-installing your forum ? Just see if they are able to repair, so you will not loose your previous posts.(and if they succeed in repairing your forum, I will also ask them to repair mine...)

If you haven't noticed, Fantastico isn't there at the moment (for me anyway), so that should tell you straight away that it hasn't been completed.

1064329336[/snapback]

Hey,

Sorry for being off topic here, but this was the only posting I could find that deals with my observance that there is no fantastico. I just set up my hosting, and to my big disappointment, fantastico is not there. But I gather from your post that one day it'll be there (again). This is a great relief for me, because I was eager to check this out. Fantastico was one of the major reasons why I chose Xisto, besides the teriffic mods here ;)

So, I'll wait more or less patiently :P for the fantastic fantastico to return to this fine server!

curare