xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Amd Surpasses Intel In U.s. Retail Store

according to the Current Analysis report, desktop computers and notebooks with AMD chips outsold Intel 49.8 percent to 48.5 percent domestic stores in the month of October. The report said AMD has done a "unthinkable" job.

However, the revenue that AMD generated is still less than Intel
Intel gain 57.6% in October based on revenue, while AMD lagged at 40.1%.
It is because Intel's chips have a higher retail price.
And Intel still the market leader in overall pc market.

Source:
http://news.a.com.com/

Anyway, competition is general a good thing for the consumer. Better products and lower prices! Good luck to AMD

I have always used AMD chips because of their lower cost (and better value) and better performance in some applications (many games). It seems like AMD has closed the gap in performance between themselves and Intel with their new Athlon64 processors. It is interesting to hear that they outsold Intel (even if only for a small amount of time), since many people never thought that would happen.

The competition is definitely a good thing for both companies. I'd love to see AMD continue increasing in sales shares, though, because I've always been more satisfied with their processors price- and performance-wise.But hey, Intel's an institution unto itself, so they aren't disappearing anytime soon. *grins*

Well both Inetl and AMD just might disappear...after Cell becomes mainstream...atleast thats what i understood from some articles i read..it just may be true.