xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thename1000

How To Make Opera Spell Checker Work Getting the spell checker to work

If you want to use the spell checker feature for the Opera web browser, then you must download and install the required files. After this, it gets tricky. The Opera web site doesn't really give accurate support for this, so you must do it manually. Opera is supposed to autodetect the spell checker, but if it doesn't there is an easy solution. Go to where opera is installed on the hard drive, and open the config file "spellcheck". Then just edit it to point to where your spell checker (probally aspell) is installed, restart opera, and bam, you now have a web browser with a working spell checker!! ;)

Yeah, cool it works, but I have a question, is there a way to check not the textarea, but the website ? to search for spelling mistakes say from Opera ? ;)

maybe going to try that sooner or later, but now I honestly don't really care if I write some mistakes, not in english, not in dutch, if you read fast enough, and the first and last letter is correct, you'll understand and won't see the mistake :P (we have cool brains, don't we ;) )

The easiest way is to just use firefox so adding functionality is simple ;)sorry, couldn't resist haha. I actually think Opera is pretty nice but FF still manages to find ways to outdo it in my mind almost every time.But about your Q, doesn't opera have forums? I'd assume they'd be a better place to look then here, since the number of opera users isn't a huge percentage of the user base here probably...