xisto Community
iGuest

Help, I Can't Make A Server For Teamspeak, Cs, Etc I need help on getting these games work

Ok here's the thing, I'm trying to make a server on counter strike, team speak, warcraft 3, etc. but it doesn't work. No one can join it. I tried opening all the right ports on my ROUTER, and port triggering my warcraft 3, but to no avail. Can someone please help me fix my problem? It's quite annoying and I really really want to play 1v1 against my friends. My friends also can't make it for some reason, and they tried everything that I did too before. Any help will be grateful.

Where are you playing ? Is everybody on a private network, with fixed IP addresses for each computer ?

1064328745[/snapback]

Not sure what most of what you said mean (Networking illiterate or whatever you call this, routing illiterate)

I'm playing off a router, wrt54g. I've checked portforwarding.com and stuff for what to do. Still doesn't work. I'm not sure what you mean by fixed ips for each computer, but my ip is usually something like EXAMPLE 66.43.435.34 but my ip now thanks to router is 192.168.1.x (don't know if I should say the last number but oh well)

your router ip is your internal ip, and your the other is your external ip. what you should use is your external ip when trying to play? are you on a local server or playing through internet! if local server, the internal ip should do. if internet, the external ip only will work. now if your ip usually change, you should update it as often, or you could use the domain ip linked to your computer(sorry i dont know how to explain that - but its something like test324.anything.verizon.com)

What YudzzY and I am trying to know is : are the other players physically connected to the same router, or are you playing with people somewhere else in the world ?The computers connected physicall to the same router have to know your computer as it's home address (192...etc). And knowing this IP address is enough.The computers elsewhere on the world have to know you computer by it's name (myname.mynetwork.com). And you will also have to configure your router in order that it redirects the concerned services to your computer.

What YudzzY and I am trying to know is : are the other players physically connected to the same router, or are you playing with people somewhere else in the world ?

The computers connected physicall to the same router have to know your computer as it's home address (192...etc). And knowing this IP address is enough.

The computers elsewhere on the world have to know you computer by it's name (myname.mynetwork.com). And you will also have to configure your router in order that it redirects the concerned services to your computer.

1064328827[/snapback]

I'm trying to get people else where to join, people who aren't on my router. By redirect the concerned services, do you mean like open ports and stuff? I've already tried that if so...

If not, please explain as I'm not too smart on this ;)

do you mean like open ports and stuff?

Nope, it's part of your router settings. You have to ask your router to map a given service, on the router fixed address, to be seen as a service on your computer. So, it's an advanced setting on your router, not on your computer.By the way, you also have to know the fixed address of your router, this is the address you have to give people which want to connect.
Regards
Yordan

I have the same problem about the server too so I need help.Well I have fixed the dedicated server AND the amx mod.Now I have to fix so players can join.Is it about the network problem, or is it about my ip?Plzz answer, I really need help for the serverI have tryed around weeks and weeks :sI hope someone will answer this one and help me.Thanks-reply by Alex

Ok here's the thing, I'm trying to make a server on counter strike, team speak, warcraft 3, etc. but it doesn't work. No one can join it. I tried opening all the right ports on my ROUTER, and port triggering my warcraft 3, but to no avail. Can someone please help me fix my problem? It's quite annoying and I really really want to play 1v1 against my friends. My friends also can't make it for some reason, and they tried everything that I did too before. Any help will be grateful. yeah lol these things are hard i would not have a clue to do on them sorry