xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
minnieadkins

How's Quake 4?

Just curious to all those out there that have played quake 4 already. Is it good. I am hoping that it's not another doom 3. (Good single player, bad multiplayer) I read somewhere that they are trying to keep the quake 3 multiplayer style intact. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.

Lol, Quake 4 is the oppisite of doom (Horrible single player, kind of good multiplayer) although the game isn't really all that work buying. I would rather get HL2/CS:S/CS, or download Quake 4. Also you could et UT2004 If you don't already have it. It is an awsome game.

Don't listen to that guy. The game's very good. Much better than that failure known as Doom 3. There are many things to do in this game and the graphics are very good if you can get a decent video card. Although the Half Life games are better, I do recommend this if you want something other than Half Life series. The game can be easy to learn, and from there on it can expand into a whole new dememsion if you are willing to give it the time and practice as any other game of course. I give the game like an 8.5 only because there could've been a few improvements on some aspects of the game. More reaslism to the objects around I guess.

It's insane how little of a splash quake 4 made... I expected much more fanfare and whatnot but then one day I'm hopping around websites and it's like "Quake4 came out today"...I hadn't even heard anything for a month or two before that haha. Ah well, maybe they didn't wanna overhype this one like they did Doom 3. Meh. I might try it eventually

I liked quake 3 much better than unreal. UT2k4 was pretty good though. I just like the quake scene better. I played q3dm17 "the longest yard" with a rail only mod a lot. A rail only mod is already out for quake 4 is what I heard. The nail gun is a new addition...but I think more could've been added, especially for the multiplayer part.

Quake 4 isn't as good as Quake 2 was when it came and Q4 isn't really that good as a sequel to Q2, but as a independant game, it kicks *bottom*.It has those Doom3 tendencies such as the darkness, but you can live with that. You can also live with the obnoxious sounds all the monsters do.Some designs on the monsters is very bad, but it's still a game worth playing through.

Their BOTH good games but when you play doom first it seems like quake is copied from it and since thier both from ID I'm guessing thier both based on the same engines I'm kind of glad that headshots actually count now in Quake I havent gotten that far but it seems like doom but more light and you actually get team mates that LIVE! yay! I'll report when I finsh em both

for a guy who's been beasting on bitorrents , doom and quake is both very classic game, altho most of the story line didnt change much. just hell alot better video grahics, and yes as the first person said, for doom single>mult, quake mult > single. + they are both same type of games. horror fps. and if ur video card can take it. get FEAR.