xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ronalddarcey

Guild Wars, Everquest 2, Or World Of Warcraft Guild Wars, Everquest 2, or World of War

Well I've played the original EverQuest, WoW and I'm currently involved with Guild Wars. I must say that I am quite biased on the Subject...lol...I run a Guild in Guild Wars...I prefer GW due to the following:NO monthly fee to play, better graphics (IMHO) and the game is constantly evolving and the people that make/maintain the game are constantly interacting with their gamers and making the world better. Heck they come in game and talk with us alot...I love guild wars and the rest can stand in line to never be played by me... but thats just me.

Ah..Logan that's the GW spirit! I've got a friend who's beat the game and a cousin who just grew bored and tired at Gates of Kryta. I wouldn't know how long I'll last with this game because i usually stray out of a certain MMORPG after a few months of playing. I've played GW for 2 weeks (using my cousin's 'cause he doesn't want it anymore good stuff in the account tho =PP) and now have a pretty successful Ele/necro. I've never been interested in pvp before when playing MMORPGs but after GW I've got a whole new experience in it. As for your saying that the admins come in and talk to you guys I've never really noticed them around at all. Do they only appear in high-level areas? Overall I think Guild Wars is well worth its $50, no non-monthly-fee MMORPG can ever be this good. GW can keep you on your seats and hanging on for the next adventure for more than 3 months. Which is a great accomplishment if i ever make it till then. Great game GW... =P (I'm sorry if i sound stupid but I'm just obsessed with GW...)

I never played everquest, so i won't talk about that.I played WoW for quite a time now (buyed it a week after the release in Europe) and i played guild wars 1 time at a frineds house.World of Warcraft is definitely a very good game. The grapics of GW are better, i know, but the gameplay of WoW is perfect. Much classes and races and the alliance vs horde system is perfect. That's actually the biggest reason why to buy WoW. The battlegrounds are very cool. The instances are good. Classes well balanced and nice quests and spells.I can't tell you much about GW. I know the grapics are better than WoW. I also know there are less classes, but you can combine them. There's no such alliance vs horde system. And one of the biggest points of critic is this: When you enter a lvling area (an area out of city), you are there only with your group and not with other people. So actually it's not a big world where you can see everyone at the same time. There's an area especially loaded for you. I don't like that (maybe some people do).The biggest reason to buy BW is, it has no montly fee. That's really important. But if you are rich enough and can give the money, I think i would choose WoW. It's still your choice. Have fun with wich game you buy, and if you buy WoW. Play on Bloodhoof server: Horde. And then search for Moody....Ps. This discussion is more than 10 times posted on this forum. maybe we should search better :)

Well, I havent played EQ, so I cant say anything about it. Havent played GW either, but ive heard alot of info from my friends who play. Here are the pros and cons for GW:

Pros:

better graphics then wow

can combine classes

no faction system

no monthly fee

programmers of the game and game masters online and talk to players alot

Cons:

lvl 20 max

in non city areas you have an area just generated for you and your group(bad if you like seeing more people)

Now, WoW pros and cons:

Pros:

level 80 max(and will be growing to 90 soon with release of Cataclysm)

special "hero" classes (death knights and something else with Cataclysm release)

more social(aka everyone who is in an area will be shown and can chat to each other)

different server types(player vs environment, player vs player, role playing, role playing player vs player(yes role playing player vs player is a server type))

Cons:

costs 15$ a month(unless you buy game cards)

not as good of graphics as GW

game masters are not on alot

cant combine classes

very laggy in some areas of the game

random discussions in city chat about nothing 

-reply by Matt the Destroyer

I wish Everquest II & City of Villains did not have a monthly fee, otherwise I would play those.  I know there are several free WoW clones out there. Are there any such free clones of EQII & CoV?

-reply by freewaydog