xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stream-1

Why You Should Use Firefox... Disscussion why you should use firefox

Why You Should Use Mozilla Firefox...

1. Great Popup Blocking :P

2. Tabs To Open Multiple Web Pages In One Window! :)

3. Customize Icons & It's Look With Themes :o

4. Search Box Built In For Searching Google, Yahoo!, Alexa, Ebay, Merriam Webster, & Much Much More! :)

5. Download Manager Allows Pausing & Restarting Downloads :D

6. Extentions For Weather An More! :o

7. Works With Mozilla Thunderbird, Email Client :)

8. Much, Much More!!! :):):)

Notice from m^e:
Thread closed. There are hundreds of other thread exactly on the same topic discussing the pros and cons of various browsers and their security exploits.
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Hello, Stream, and welcome to Xisto. I hope you have a good time here. But please keep in mind that Xisto isn't using this forum as an advertisement farm and it doesn't really benefit much from our submissions... at least, not in a direct economical sense.So you really don't have to simply make new posts just to increase your hosting points. I'm not saying you are, but if someone takes a look at this post, and considers the facts that FireFox has been around for a while and people know about it and have been discussing it habitually, and that this is only your 4th post, that's the impression they'll probably get.I know I haven't been a member here for too long myself, but I feel like I have only made meaningful posts. Again, I'm not saying yours isn't. :). Anyway, here's a friendly reminder: In the future, make a quick search about the subject you intend to talk about. If you see another thread that talks about it, then you can join in, you don't have to make a new thread. And if not, hey, go ahead and let us all discuss it.I apologize if I sounded too rude or harsh. It's just that I've seen too many immature threads being thrown in here simply to increase the hosting points, that I'm afraid I became hypersensitive to decent posts as well. :) Have fun, and thanks for your contribution! :)

For every I.E. Security hole Firefox has no problems with, there isanother one that firefox is prone to. So using firefox, is not the endallbe all of security.As a matter of fact, firefox has more problems with webpages thansome of the other replacement browsers. As a matter of fact I would rather use Opera than Firefox. And Opera is no super stellar webbrowser either.Your best bet is to follow procedures and lock down the security inyou Internet Explorer, and surf with that.ViriiGuy

I should think you know a thing or two about security, ViriiGuy, if I was to judge by your name :). And indeed, every browser has cons as sure as it has pros. The question always is whether the pros outweight the cons.It seems there is global consensus that Microsoft's I.E. is the worst thing that ever happened to humankind - arguably, other than Windows itself :). No, I'm not an anti-Microsoft fanatic, even if I sometimes sound like one.And I agree that FireFox has many security risks as well. I suppose it's an undesirable, yet inevitable side-effect of being so readily extensible.I personally use Opera. It's a superbly powerful browser, integrating many features in a uniquely small package. Opera's Web community, similar to FireFox's, is a dynamic one, that allows quick feedback and promotes enhancement. I'm still testing Opera, though, and I think there's a thing or two I'm going to contact Opera's developers about. But all in all, I simply love it.FireFox is quite promising, too. I believe Mozilla has a good chance of making something really good with it, given a little time. It's a little heavier on system resources than Opera and IE, but I don't suppose it's detectable on modern computers.I'm not sure if we should make an elaborate discussion and comparison in here, but if others join in, then I'll be glad to talk it out. :)

I am a firefox user and I am not so just because I can be part of the hype.

Whilst I know that firefox has many security flaws and the fact that it is open-source doesn't help, I also know that firefox fixes its flaws faster much faster than ie. It takes ages for Microsoft to admit that ie has a bug let alone fixing it. I have got first-hand proof that has a load of spyware embedded in it and I could list the proof.

As a matter of fact, firefox has more problems with webpages thansome of the other replacement browsers

That is by no means Mozilla's fault. That is the developer's fault. IE has a bunch of code which it uses that is by no means valid such as the accesskey attribute for example. If every web-designer wrote valid code then that would not be a problem.

I tried opera a while ago and if I remember correctly with all the features it had it felt very crowded. I have the same problem with firefox however as I've installed numerous extensions which all want their place in the toolbar/statusbar. The one thing I did like in opera was that fullscreen was fullscreen.

Your best bet is to follow procedures and lock down the security inyou Internet Explorer, and surf with that.

ViriiGuy, IE and security don't go in the same sentence unless not is in it aswell. Like I said, spyware has hacked my ie so much that it's become very, very difficult to use.

Why You Should Use Mozilla Firefox...

1. Great Popup Blocking :)

2. Tabs To Open Multiple Web Pages In One Window!  :D

3. Customize Icons & It's Look With Themes :o

4. Search Box Built In For Searching Google, Yahoo!, Alexa, Ebay, Merriam Webster, & Much Much More!  :)

5. Download Manager Allows Pausing & Restarting Downloads  :P

6. Extentions For Weather An More!  :o

7. Works With Mozilla Thunderbird, Email Client  :)

8. Much, Much More!!!  :)  :)

1064327216[/snapback]

Why I don't use Mozilla Firefox

1. I don't need popup blocking

2. I don't need tabbed browsing

3. I don't need browser themes

4. I don't need built-in search engines

5. Download Manager is cool, but I don't need it, I use IDM (internet Download Manager)

6. I don't need no weather forecast in my browser

7. My browser works with Outlook Express :)

8. U-hu?

GreetingZ

I just wana add that even though FireFox is secure , has not spyware and patches are relaeased promptly...security is one thing which cannot be left alone to the browser...what ever OS is used. So make sure that you browse the web carefullyOne added advantage of Firefox is that its avialable for almost all OSes. I am planning a USB stick with firefox and my bookmarks , apps in it so where ever i go I get my same browsing environment. :)