xisto Community
pat23

DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs I need help with my dvd drive

Tell us if it also does not write rewritable DVD's ?And have a look at your DVD writer speed, if it's old it could be limited to 4X, while the blank DVD's you buy today cannot accept a burning speed as low as 4x.

I have a sony dvd rw with a similar problem. It reads and burns cd's ok and will read any burnt dvd but if I put a blank dvd in  it changes the drive to a cd-r and as soon as I pop the blank dvd out it goes back to a dvd-rw. Odd. Any ideas?

-question by Jess

cd rom problemDVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

in my computer CD-ROM not detected,There was no hardware problem,in management there was an red mark shows. I install the driver again but the problem remain same.. Please help me out.

-question by naresh kumar

Best example of your problem is HP s3400f slim line computer. After 6 months of operation the optiarc AD-7210S5 poofs out and HP can't make it work with thier updates. Then they want to sell you external DVD/CD drives.

-reply by Toby

dvd rw drive (E) DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDsHeloo there, my dvd rw drive used to read anykind of documents, but now it only reads dvd movies.I wonder what is wrong with it now.Do I need to install a program to get this work.Please give me some advice on this. I had a video taken and burn it to cd but the computer wont read it.Every time I tried it just spinning but it ejects it afterwards.Thank you and I need some feedback in regards of this problem...Jackie-question by jackie

Does not work DVD DriveDVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

hey Pal,

did you change your DVD region...?Then it may be the reson for not play DVD's.

Check your DVD properties.It's diffrent with your contry.If it hasn't change,best thin is keep it as it appear.Cz you can change it only 5 times.This will help you...

DVD drive not working DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

I am using Xp.My DVD drive reads Cds but not the DVDs. Earlier there wasn't such problem. Now when I insert the DVD movie it shows the follwing message.

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

Please help.

Regards,

Yen

cd rom problem DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDsDVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

hey guys,

look I have faced the same problem last year. My ROM drive was workingPerfectly fine then one day it starts playing up. It will read some disk andNot others. And sometimes it would play one particular disk, stop working andNot work again. I thought my drive had just burnt out, so I got it replaced,But sure enough a few weeks later it was doing it again. I have reformatted myHDD twice now, and either time worked. I am using a Toshiba Laptop. Its aSatellite P100. Yes I know old right, but as for the ROM problem I have onlyEver faced it in a laptop, none of my other computers have had this problemYet, and I am using the same rom in the as this laptop. 

I think it may just be a problem with the laptop. I don't know ifEveryone else who has had this problem is using a laptop as well, but I wouldCheck the specs of your computer and the ROM drive and make sure they are compatibleAnd won't burn the ROM out.

-reply by Badkarma104

Dvd RW not reading dvdsDVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

I have an hp dv6000 series laptop...Originally came with Vista 64... I installed xp on it and now my Dvd drive does not read dvds... It only reads CD's... And even the cd writing function has stopped working... Any solutions?...

-reply by Chris

reformat your OS man,I encountered that problem before, the problem is in your OS, I tried to run full scan anti virus. But the problem still persist. Then I decided to reformat my PC. Well it works man, my OS detects my combo drive again. 

DVDs wont work on laptop, reformatDVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

Well I reformatted computer hoping to get rid of dvd problem and it is still just the same. Plays some, not others. Beginning to think it may be caused by different dvd formats. Windows xp. Its a very old omnibook 6000 but thought it would at least be useful for playing dvds.

-reply by Angela

Help!! My Matshita LF-D311 DVD RAM/R 4.7 GB Drive is not working!!!!DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

hey, I have a problem with my DVD Ram/R drive.

I have a Mat****a DVD RAM/R LF-D311 Disc drive

Worked fine in my old computer, placed into my new one, and stopped working

drivers are up to date

Reads CD, CD-ROM, CDs Burnt by me

WILL NOT READ: DVD, DVD-ROM all type of dvd disc

when I place a DVD in the tray and close it, the disc spins, light blinks, and then on my computer the DVD RAM Drive (E:) turns into CD Drive (E:)

properties says that the device is working correctly, but obviously its not since its not reading DVD.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

-question by Christopher McKinney

possible lens dirt?DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

Is it possible that since CD and DVD drives require different laser frequencies (780nm versus 640nm), that one medium could be more impaired over the other due to something like lens-dirt? Since the DVD laser requires a finer frequency it is logically more susceptibe to dirt and general blockages... Just my $0.02

-reply by Goth

My cd-rw/dvd-rw combo drive is not reading discs, but will write them perfectly.DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive Help: Not Reading DVDs

Hello!

I just recently bought this laptop on ebay (it was working perfectly when I got it). It is a Dell Latitude D620, if that may help someone answer my question.

the problem: My CD-RW/DVD-RW combo drive was reading both cd's and dvd's perfectly until I tried installing a copy of microsft office 2003 proffesionall on it that had not worked previously.  I was hoping that maybe a newer computer (this laptop) would read it. Later that day, I tried watching a movie, and it started skipping like crazy...At first I thought that the cd was immensly scratched, but I looked at it and the disc looked fine.  I put the same dvd in my other computer with a dvd drive, and it worked fine.  hmmm...

to confirm my suspicions that something was wrong with my drive, I put a cd that I had just bought in and tried playing it in iTunes.  This cd skipped just the same way that the dvd had.  I put the cd in my other computer and it played fine.

So, then I thought that maybe something was wrong with my speaker, so I played some music that I already have on my hard drive, and it played flawlessly.

I have tried cleaning off the lens with a micro fiber cloth, and I blew on the lens lightly in case the cloth has dust already on it.  That still didnt help.

my drive is a  TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D.  I hope that this problem can be easily resolved.

-question by david

I have the same problem...I'm gonna save this website and check up on it regualry...All the system functons, device manager and everything sais the drive is perfect...Its burns CDR

reads CD...But does not get involved with DVDs at all. What the hell is going on...It used to work before but not now...Now all u hackers computer genius fix this problem...I did buy a new dvd burner or what not...But I don't wanna throw it out if I can still fix it...You know..