xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkranger

Paint.NET pure pwnage.

Hey guys check this out, Paint, your well known quick graphic formatting program for .NET framework. This application looks just like GIMP(open source photoshop-like application). It is basically a image and photo manipulation program, it is meant to substitute your original Paint program, so get it!(remember that you need the .NET framework installed to use it.(It is made in C#). It has a lot of features:
(I'm quoting here)

---Graphics Design---
Layers
Near unlimited history (limited by disk space)
Various Brushes
Many special effects and adjustments

---Photography---
Auto-Levels and manual Levels adjustments
High quality bicubic and super sampling image resizing
Magic Wand selection tool
Clone Stamp tool
Red Eye Removal
Ability to acquire pictures from a scanner or camera directly into Paint.NET (Windows XP/2003 only)

---Web Design---
Up to 3200% zoom, or as low as 1%. Grid mode is available for 400% and larger zoom modes.
Control over JPEG quality along with preview of resultant file size
PNG transparency support

---Developer---
Extensively optimized for multiple threads: systems with multiple CPU's or cores will exhibit dramatic performance gains
Full source code provided
Extensible effect plugin system

Try it out guys, I tried it and its a whole new powerful Paint, I hope you give it a chance just like I did.
Enjoy!
Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Nice one for a freeware but it can't beat Paint Shop Pro 9 but I would say that Adobe Photoshop CS2 is the best I ever came across in my best friend's house although I use PSP9 since I couldn't find the crack for CS2. Photoshop CS was fine but PSP8 came to me first. :)

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a freeware alternative to paid image editing tools although there are some softwares that you can cracked but it's up to you whether you want to get caught. For users looking for a much simpler tool, try Artweaver.

don't start a fanboy war here :) it's always something against somethingintel vs amdnvidia vs atiwindows vs linuxpaint shop pro vs photoshophalf life 2 vs doom 3 fear vs quake 4 c'mon ! grow up:P

Well this program seems detailed and resourceful. However...Isn't it a pain to run that weird "mainframe/framework/whatever" on your computer?Seems like it would be a lot of extra baggage on your CPU traffic, not to mention take up a good chunk of space.That's what my friend said, anyway. Who knows, maybe it's not so bad.

I got it a while back, but I ended up getting The GIMP and Inkscape for my graphic designing/editing needs instead. Paint.NET causes my computer to lag (especially when I undo something), and it always bothers me that it's trying to send information to some site when I have it open. I was unhappy that I had to install the .NET Framework too after I downloaded the Paint.NET program; I don't think it's worth that huge download anymore. However, it's a free program, so if anyone needs a free graphics program, it's not too horrible, but I'd choose The GIMP over it any time.

Serena

Although this is old, I was going to make a new topic about it but I found this.I use paint.net alot along with photoshop to make all my graphics. paint.net is great for pixel art (most of my pictures are pixel art)I have found the newest version which I got a while ago is almost as good as photoshop.

wow cool... hmmm.. but does this require installing .net framework on my pc? or it is just like other installers that you install right away? thanks... i've seen some shots and it's way cool and free.. no cracks needed.. <_<

wow cool... hmmm.. but does this require installing .net framework on my pc? or it is just like other installers that you install right away? thanks... i've seen some shots and it's way cool and free.. no cracks needed.. <_<

[/quote

Yeah, you need the .NET framework, but I'm not sure what the gripe is in installing it. It helps software developers a lot, and compared to the rest of Windows, it's nothing if you're concerned about bloat. . .

I like it..Just download it a few minutes ago..But still confused about it..How to used eraser to erase the layer? and how to make the layer to image size? Does anyone know how?-reply by Hawie