xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Web Graphics I need a free program for graphics

I need a lots of graphics for my new website and i need a free program to make some tight graphics to make my website less boring. I dont want any programs with spyware or ads because i just got rid of those on my computer. I dont want the program to do anything harmful to my desktop.

err, why not use Gimp ? and Blender is free too :blink: and if you go to say download dot com and browse thru the graphics category, I think you could find more tools, which are free or maybe free to try for 30 days, isn't 30 days enough for you to make some graphics for your site ? :mellow:

well i use gimp and is brilliant for being free , same with blender 3d program blender is reallly powerful but a hard to use interfacethere free and good but you are much better off buying software :)

Gimp is generallly like photoshop and can open any photoshop file... however the features of Gimp are not as complex as Photoshop and therefore don't have good colouring features and etc... However the filters are much better than Photoshop, but the fact that no one creates brushes for Gimp means that you arn't going to have a great back ground.You can also try Paint :) *j/k*Well... if you cant afford Photoshop, you can pay for programs such as Paint Shop Pro, Macromedia Fireworks and etc...Or... you could get photoshop the way i did, add me on msn to find out XDsamma383@gmail.com

Have a look at GIMPshop at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which is the hacked version to make it a Photoshop Clone lookalike.

However I do recommend learning GIMP's UI rather than this hacked version, you'll find tutorials do not go over GIMPshop and support will only be given by Scott M for GIMPshop, so don't expect support from the GIMP team on this, as it's a different project.

As for pat32, there's minor differences in what GIMP can do and Photoshop can do, they both share similar tools, I believe GIMP's naming is correct than Photoshop, the layout however could have done better but as for power, they both achieve nearly the same thing. Only little features and probably the least common features anyone would use aren't there. However with all Linux programs, I do recommend following tutorials, don't expect laziness from the programs as some of Windows programs make you.

Cheers,

MC